Hello Guest

Author Topic: republican debate  (Read 3870 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
republican debate
« on: September 16, 2015, 06:49:36 PM »
time meow channel 202 on direct tv!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: republican debate
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 06:56:14 PM »
senator lindsey graham quote " I have never met an illegal Canadian!"

If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 08:50:03 PM »
don't give it away.  I'm recording for later.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 10:41:09 PM »
This first group needs to just bow out.  I don't need to see their narcissistic rants trying to position themselves for a cabinet position or ambassadorship.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 10:59:42 PM »
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 11:29:48 PM »
Why should the network pic the Candidates? I thought it was the republican party, not CNN or FOX party?
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 01:54:58 AM »
My take...

Trump bombed

Carly rocked

What say you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 11:34:03 AM »
It sounded like he, (Trump) hired a PR guy and spent the whole event backpedaling and cowtowing. Not what I expected at all.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 11:46:17 AM »
I was shocked this morning when i saw in the Drudge poll that like 55% of people thought Trump won the debate... dumbfounded  frankly. He didn't say anything of substance, was overly combative, called people ugly on stage, and was clearly very flustered (his face was BEET red at times).
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
NRA Life Member

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 08:48:39 PM »
I finished the JV debate and am watching the varsity a debate.

Trumps poke at Rand was juvenile.  He has to transition from a punk to a president pretty quick if he's not going to implode.

Even before I finish watching the debate, I'll make this prediction.  Trump eventually will implode and his support will gravitate to Cruz and Cruz will emerge as the conservative leader.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 09:13:26 PM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 10:45:26 PM »
Regarding illegal immigration, its amazing that no one has brought out the bait and switch that happened to Reagan when the agreement was to secure the border then to give illegal immigrants amnesty.  The amnesty got done and then the securing of the border didn't.

We can't trust congress to do their job.   We have to shut the border first before we even begin to discuss the rest of the equation.

The other thing I noticed was the format of the debate.  CNN structured the debate as a "hey, he called you a putz, what do you have to say to him/her about that!??"  Instead of stating the issue at hand and asking for each candidate's solution they started a food fight.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2015, 11:01:19 PM »
So Christy wants us to know he was an attorney general.  Kasich wants us to know he balanced a budget.  Walker balanced a budget and fought liberals.  Rand wants to retract from the world.  Jeb is all over the map.  Cruz wants to focus on his record as an anti washington insider.  Huckabee is out of his league. Trump is momentum trading and lacking in substance (he has to stop saying he'll assemble a team and be specific about his team), Lindsey Graham is a joke and just wants to talk tough on ISIS and how he's ex military as a JAG.  Carson is very cool under pressure and his contrived humor is a struggle.  Rubio ??  Carly wanted to show she has a command of facts and statistics particularly name dropping on foreign affairs and numerical mastery of the troop levels needed.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2015, 11:01:20 PM »

The other thing I noticed was the format of the debate.  CNN structured the debate as a "hey, he called you a putz, what do you have to say to him/her about that!??"  Instead of stating the issue at hand and asking for each candidate's solution they started a food fight.

It was like a WWE Royal Rumble... Kind of bizarre.

NRA Life Member

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2015, 11:13:53 PM »
Oh and apparently poor Jeb is a former pot head.....only he only had dirt weed and not the cross bred super weed of today's kids....rofl

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2015, 11:36:12 PM »
yeah they had ol Hillary on today giving some commentary about the debate with wolf blitzer.  I would vote for biden before that circus main attraction!

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2015, 11:45:08 PM »
You gotta say, Fiorina had a great performance...

NRA Life Member

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2015, 11:45:23 PM »
Carson and Carly would be a great team.....

All you have to know about Hillary is that unprompted, people's word association was "liar", "dishonest" and "untrustworthy"

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2015, 11:46:56 PM »
Any combination of Cruz, Carson and Fiorina would work,

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2015, 12:00:57 AM »
I consider myself a constitutional conservative... and i don't know why i still have reservations about Cruz. I can't put my finger on it, but he just seems so fake for lack of a better term. The way he talks all dramatically just drives me nuts, like he's in front of a judge and jury still. I know it's weird, but i have this barrier up still.

Anyway, have to say after last night i'm intrigued by Fiorina... she will see a big bump in the polls. I'm kind of a fan... And i think she could take it to Hillary... she's been the only one so far who could shut up Trump, that's a feat in itself.
NRA Life Member

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2015, 12:15:50 AM »
Kyle, look into Cruz's record and experience.  No one up there knows half as much about the constitution as he does.  He was Texas' solicitor general and argued before the Supreme Court on behalf of our state.  He will eviscerate Hillary in a heads up debate.

He beat a well backed republican establishment candidate in Texas for Senator when everyone thought Dewhurst could not be beat due to his backing and endorsement by then Gov Perry.

He campaigned on a constitutional conservative and he has gone right into the belly of the beast in Washington and challenged all of them, even calling McConnel a liar and flat out accused McConnel of misleading him and other senators before a major policy vote.  He is hated by the establishment and has the gonads to go toe to toe with the RINOs and has proven he will do it.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2015, 12:22:53 AM »
I know all that... I'm just sayin it's his demeanor that drives me nuts. And he sounds like Ned Flanders... Maybe that's it lol. I know he's a const conservative, and I like that.

I would say Rand is up there too in terms of knowledge and defense of the Constitution and Bill of Rights. It was Rand last night defending the 10th amendment...

NRA Life Member

OldKooT

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2015, 06:47:39 AM »
My wife and I watched it...not sure I'll vote for any of them yet.   

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal