FOOD CORNER > Farming, Gardening, and Raising Your Own Food

Tonight's Harvest

(1/2) > >>

Dawg25385:
Things have been going bonkers with the stretch of sun we've had. Especially the tomatoes. Took at least 2 gallons of tomatoes off 2 days ago, and a ton more tonight. Lots of other goodies too, we couldn't pick it all so will go after it tomorrow too. This is at my sisters house, great valley soil, and we panned the garden in the shape of triangle within the arc of an elevated sprinkler. Has worked great so far! No fertilizer or pesticides either. Quick tip: plant marigolds in your veggie garden to keep afids away

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cudakidd53:
Kyle- are those monster blueberries?  Two good looking baskets of produce!

Dawg25385:

--- Quote from: cudakidd53 on August 12, 2015, 11:07:46 PM ---Kyle- are those monster blueberries?  Two good looking baskets of produce!

--- End quote ---

Ha! Those are plums boss. I wish those were blueberries, one of my favorite fruit!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TexasRedNeck:
Kyle that looks great.  I'm looking forward to a fall garden now that I have a tractor.

Sammconn:
Lookin good Kyle!
I sure miss having a growing season. We're too short for just about everything.
Can do lettuce, radishes, carrots and the like. Have a couple great rhubarb plants too.
In the woods and on the island at the cabin all sorts of wild raspberries and strawberries.

When we were south I had it all, tried the first couple seasons up north and accepted not enough heat. We are trying onions this year in planter boxes. The green onions will make it, not sure on the others though, may not be long enough, time will tell.

It's sure great reaping the fruits of thy labour though. Enjoy the fresh produce!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version