Hello Guest

Author Topic: What happens when an "unstoppable force" meets an immovable object?  (Read 2513 times)

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
Give up? I'll give you a hint: This is MY immovable object
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
And to answer my own question, "the trailer hitch of said immovable object goes through the core support, radiator, and contacts the engine block, nullifying this law of physics".

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Lol. Gotta love hitches.  In CT you’d have been at fault for having a hitch in the receiver without a trailer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What happens when an "unstoppable force" meets an immovable object?
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 06:11:36 PM »
Oh and not sure I have the photos but my hitch was hit hard enough to bend the ball flange upward about 3/4 inch. Toyota Tacoma with a ranch hand pipe bumper hauling a landscape trailer and he hit me in the hitch directly with the bumper.

Hard enough to fire the seat belt tensioners and give me a bit of a concussion when the headrest hit my head.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 06:12:27 PM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
Wrists, shoulders, and neck are my worst issues. this actually happened last weekend, and I wasn't that bad off, but last night I went to set a case of water on top of the fridge and nearly dropped it on my head when my arm refused to raise it over my head.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Shall i remind everybody of mike kimbro........

http://texasthinktank.net/KimbroConcepts/hitch_hater_index.html
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
In the words of the immortal Forrest Gump....."stupid is as stupid does"

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Odd thing about that story is.  “I took my eyes off the road “. For how long? Doing what?   Why follow someone so close.    This is the very reason I have a BAH on my truck at all times.   Most times people crash into you don’t have insurance than my premiums go up because I have to claim it on my insurance or the fix your vehicle with shotty work.   I’ll keep my B&M 8inch drop hitch thank you very much.     

Sorry about your car Tate, looks to be a brand never version of something. 

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Oh SNAP! Were you in the car or the truck???

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
Oh I was in the wife's Yukon. Their 2017 Civic isn't fairing so we'll

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
What happens when an "unstoppable force" meets an immovable object?
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 11:30:46 PM »
Based on the injuries he reported my money is on the car. Either way, sorry to hear the bad news Tate. I hope you recover quickly.

Aaaannnnndddddd.... I was wrong. It happens.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 11:31:48 PM by longball »

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
my wife's suburban sits a bit higher then the 1/2 ton variants so we have an 8" drop hanging out there like a fishing hook.

this sort of stuff should teach people not to tailgate, especially against immovable objects.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
my wife's suburban sits a bit higher then the 1/2 ton variants so we have an 8" drop hanging out there like a fishing hook.

this sort of stuff should teach people not to tailgate, especially against immovable objects.
Liberal thinking, however suggests it is the owner of the Suburban who is the problem. You see our large (and very safe) vehicles with their additional mass do disproportionate damage to the smallish hippie cars that often careen into our trucks. Because they have no chance of doing bumper pool against a similarly poorly constructed vehicle, physics suggests the smaller vehicle (Theirs) will fare the worse. That makes us bigots and barbarians and christian survival freaks who put hitches on their trucks just to cause additional damage to the 92' kia with the dope smokin' occupants

Tate, you bigot!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile

$ quote

"The bottom line here is that my sub-compact vehicle was damaged to the point of selling off for parts, and it was all so needless.  Just a classic case of carelessness at best, and at worst the driver never actually towed anything, but mounted a hitch so as to insure that his bumper was protected, which is anti-social behavior to the point of almost being criminal, IMHO."

anti-social? more like... don't tailgate me!
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
When I had the dually & prior to fixing the tailgate that the prior owner jacked up I ran it with no tailgate. I hualed skids of steel often, in order to keep dumb forklift drivers off my bumper I had a piece of 2x3 1/4 wall tube about 3’ long that had a short piece of 2 sq to fit into the reciever. I suppose it would have distributed the impact across the front of the liberal Prius cars making them more happy. Guessing it may also pass muster on some of these any hitch laws when not pulling trailers.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Don's axioms for livin (Life) numba 4

Pay no attention to liberals (Or other stupid things)

You will never convince a cat that fire alarm batteries need to be changed anymore than you would ever convince a liberal that there may be another way of looking at things.

Once you have determined that a liberal is speaking, Simply stop listening, disregard, and continue mission (CM).
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile

$ quote

"The bottom line here is that my sub-compact vehicle was damaged to the point of selling off for parts, and it was all so needless.  Just a classic case of carelessness at best, and at worst the driver never actually towed anything, but mounted a hitch so as to insure that his bumper was protected, which is anti-social behavior to the point of almost being criminal, IMHO."

don't you live around the Austin area where this fool lives?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile

$ quote

don't you live around the Austin area where this fool lives?

ha! nope. I'm a ways out but do venture into there once in a while.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
Both of the Staters that came to the scene told me, "good thing you had that hitch on there, could have been a lot worse for your rig!" love those guys.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal