Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1382066 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #17500 on: August 15, 2022, 08:23:33 PM »
Shawn elaborate please? When you were getting just a little out it was the black tank?   you pulled the black and all the grey water came out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 11:45:46 PM by stlaser »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17501 on: August 15, 2022, 09:51:49 PM »
I think that’s it Charles.
And if so then he’s drained the right way using they grey to flush the black.
Unfortunately valve controls backwards but now he knows.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17502 on: August 15, 2022, 11:45:56 PM »
Shawn elaborate please? When you were getting just a little out it was the black tank?   you pulled the black and all the grey water came out?

So let me elaborate, first the wife isn’t allowing #2 in the rv atm. So the black was really just a little tp, #1 and water. I had dumped what I thought was black early in trip and got some tp out of it but thought it was residual tp left over in drain.

Recall I also thought black tank was far drivers side so no grey flushing the remaining drain pipe. The black tank is actually in the middle, shower grey on drivers side and then sink grey is small pipe feeding large pipe right before outlet.

Since it was just her and I and black guage never got over 1/3 rd full I just left it until now. Now I also have clear 90 right at end of drain under rv, didn’t have that initially.

So knuckleheads have handles or levers switched on the shower grey and black tank. The inside guage is reading correctly on what all tanks have in them pretty close it seems.   
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 11:48:23 PM by stlaser »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17503 on: August 15, 2022, 11:47:10 PM »
I think that’s it Charles.
And if so then he’s drained the right way using they grey to flush the black.
Unfortunately valve controls backwards but now he knows.

Exactly, it didn’t make sense when I was under it from and engineering standpoint why the black would be at drivers side with exception this has a flush / fill port for black tank…..

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17504 on: August 18, 2022, 06:52:30 PM »
Pulled the fifth wheel up the west side & over Teton pass this afternoon, pretty sure going down was a bit more sketch than going up. Needed to check my shorts at the bottom.

She smelled hot at the top, guessing turbo has never been worked that hard. Pulled to side at the top to idle and let it cool before heading down.

Try to post pics from top in a bit, staying here at Jackson hole a couple nights before heading home to recoup from vacation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17505 on: August 18, 2022, 06:55:23 PM »

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17506 on: August 18, 2022, 11:57:24 PM »
Beautiful country , hope you are enjoying your trip. How did the property hunt go, so much land tied up with the ranchers in Western Montana. Unfortunately the farther North you go the more expensive the land gets. Darn hippies anyway.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17507 on: August 19, 2022, 07:17:42 AM »
Every year they have a national finals truck and tractor pull near here. I always go because I get free tickets from one of the seed dealers. This year they did away with the VIP area so no tickets. They are pretty pricey and having to buy my own drinks I decided not to go.

A couple days ago I was asked to be on the track crew. I wasn't going to turn that down. Thats better than VIP seats. I get to be up close and personal.

https://www.thunderbytheriver.com/
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17508 on: August 19, 2022, 07:25:10 AM »

So let me elaborate, first the wife isn’t allowing #2 in the rv atm. So the black was really just a little tp, #1 and water. I had dumped what I thought was black early in trip and got some tp out of it but thought it was residual tp left over in drain.

Shes not allowing number 2 in there? Get her some really greasy tacos for supper. When they hit at 3 am that rule will go away.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17509 on: August 19, 2022, 08:18:59 AM »
Every year they have a national finals truck and tractor pull near here. I always go because I get free tickets from one of the seed dealers. This year they did away with the VIP area so no tickets. They are pretty pricey and having to buy my own drinks I decided not to go.

A couple days ago I was asked to be on the track crew. I wasn't going to turn that down. Thats better than VIP seats. I get to be up close and personal.

https://www.thunderbytheriver.com/

That’s cool, yeah “her” rule already went to the way side. Had to explain to her how to use the vent fan…..

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17510 on: August 19, 2022, 08:22:23 AM »
Beautiful country , hope you are enjoying your trip. How did the property hunt go, so much land tied up with the ranchers in Western Montana. Unfortunately the farther North you go the more expensive the land gets. Darn hippies anyway.

Bob, part of trip was getting her input on area. She agreed with me and Helmville is farthest south we’re looking now. Would really like something further north but as you’ve stated price goes up. Nothing on radar atm and as I stated earlier we missed out on one several months ago. Our house is under contract now so time will tell. God has a plan

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17511 on: August 19, 2022, 12:29:48 PM »
That's some beautiful country up there

A man could make a life there!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17512 on: August 20, 2022, 03:35:17 PM »
Cutting up and vac sealing yard birds with my mom, my nephew and the wife.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17513 on: August 21, 2022, 11:41:49 AM »
I didn't have much of a view but it was really loud out there on the track next to those tractors. I didn't get to drive the John Deere but at least it's green.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17514 on: August 21, 2022, 09:15:43 PM »
Pre calculus sucks, but things are getting a tiny tiny bit easier since i have been doing it constantly for the last 6 months.

Anybody know where i can get some adderall?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17515 on: August 21, 2022, 09:41:32 PM »
So dropped my youngest off at college on the 6th, she had landed a dorm front desk job and they needed her their early. Which is great because you don’t have to deal with the mad rush of moving in over three days like everyone else. No schedule just do it at your leisure.

So this weekend her roommate finally arrive, today in fact and Sam was super nervous if they would get along or not. The girl comes in and asks Sam if she’s gets offended easily. Sam’s reply was no not at all. Her roommate then says I have a flag I brought with me to hang up is that ok? Then pulls out a Gadsden Flag. Sam goes yeah, Dad has those in his shop and that’s cool. So needless to say that is working out.

Wife told Sam they need to blare Metallica “don’t tread on me” while hanging it up.

My middle daughter Shelby who has a job at coffee shop two blocks from Sam’s dorm stepped up in a big sister way and landed Sam a job there as well. So as of tomorrow Sam is quitting the front desk job since as of tomorrow now she won’t have to pay for the early arrival at the dorms.

Couldn’t have planned it all this well for her.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17516 on: August 22, 2022, 06:27:28 AM »
Nate, that’s funny.  Ive forgotten so much math in 30 years.  I bailed out after Differential Equations and changed my major from EE to Business.

I really miss physics though.

Any college kid can probably hook you up though…

Shawn, that’s pretty cool.  Got mine moved in at Mizzou.  I was pleased with he process and how well her and her mom packed.  Some real pro moves in the process.  Trunk and organizing drawers pre packed and wrapped with plastic wrap.   We had 20 minutes to drive up, the volunteers brought a big cart/basket thing.  Everything but the fridge and truck locker fit in there and I had a little 4 wheel dolly to get them.  We were up and unpacked and completely set up the dorm in less than an hour.  Was pretty hard to be 2 day drive away. She did the freshman run through the columns last night, which was live streamed.  The entire week was activities and parties. This morning will be the first day of class.  Time for a reality check.

We’re discouraging working in the first semester though she’s looking at jobs at the TV station since her major is broadcast journalism.

Station is off campus so I’ll have to take her car up there if she lands one.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17517 on: August 22, 2022, 09:29:14 AM »
Nate, that’s funny.  Ive forgotten so much math in 30 years.  I bailed out after Differential Equations and changed my major from EE to Business.

Shawn, that’s pretty cool.  Got mine moved in at Mizzou.  I was pleased with he process and how well her and her mom packed.  Some real pro moves in the process.  Trunk and organizing drawers pre packed and wrapped with plastic wrap.   We had 20 minutes to drive up, the volunteers brought a big cart/basket thing.  Everything but the fridge and truck locker fit in there and I had a little 4 wheel dolly to get them.  We were up and unpacked and completely set up the dorm in less than an hour.  Was pretty hard to be 2 day drive away. She did the freshman run through the columns last night, which was live streamed.  The entire week was activities and parties. This morning will be the first day of class.  Time for a reality check.

We’re discouraging working in the first semester though she’s looking at jobs at the TV station since her major is broadcast journalism.

unfortunately theres not a lot of smart math youngins in my online classes. most of them are working class folks ranging from 24-50 years old.

if i get into too much of a bind with not understanding something or not finding youtube videos of how to do it, i do have a few folks i can reach out to. my sister was was a math savant when she was younger (got burned out), wyorunner has helped me a few times and i have a math phd candidate who lives next door to me. I do get a few hours a month free tutoring from the college, and I have found a guy online who can break it down.

I am currently in week 2 of my 8 week term, so i have a ways to go yet, especially with having 4 more math classes i have to take (calculus, discreet math, mathematical statics, and physics)

If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17518 on: August 22, 2022, 09:37:52 AM »

unfortunately theres not a lot of smart math youngins in my online classes. most of them are working class folks ranging from 24-50 years old.

if i get into too much of a bind with not understanding something or not finding youtube videos of how to do it, i do have a few folks i can reach out to. my sister was was a math savant when she was younger (got burned out), wyorunner has helped me a few times and i have a math phd candidate who lives next door to me. I do get a few hours a month free tutoring from the college, and I have found a guy online who can break it down.

I am currently in week 2 of my 8 week term, so i have a ways to go yet, especially with having 4 more math classes i have to take (calculus, discreet math, mathematical statics, and physics)

Nate, If you remember any of the calculations for laying artillery, you've already done some of that stuff.
Have you ever the right drift of a round due to it spinning while leaving a rifled guntube? Have you ever had to consider the effects of the earth's rotation or average dynamic wind factor, or any of that? A single calculation involves trig, geometry, and algebra. Maybe you're not as far behind as you may think.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17519 on: August 22, 2022, 09:39:47 AM »
Leaving home to go pick up my Model 3 Performance
grin  :cool: :grin: :smiley:

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17520 on: August 22, 2022, 10:12:30 AM »

Nate, If you remember any of the calculations for laying artillery, you've already done some of that stuff.
Have you ever the right drift of a round due to it spinning while leaving a rifled guntube? Have you ever had to consider the effects of the earth's rotation or average dynamic wind factor, or any of that? A single calculation involves trig, geometry, and algebra. Maybe you're not as far behind as you may think.

you are correct in that i have done it for many years, but the difference is this.

in the military, everything is already canned for you (to make sure you dont screw it up), whether it be the calculations on distance, direction, height of burst, etc, all you have to do is put the numbers (which come from calibrated machines) into the blank spaces and talk into the mic.

vs

now i have to learn the actual process of how those calculations are derived with limited who, what, where, when, why and how information.

the one course i took that required the user to do the actual calculations themselves with information provided was the collateral damage estimation methodology course. my brain hurt for a month after that course.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17521 on: August 22, 2022, 01:48:39 PM »
Nate, why are you doing this to yourself!

Shouldn't you be kicking back in a rocking chair?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17522 on: August 22, 2022, 02:49:27 PM »
Well, crap. Guess the electric fence went down, considering his backside is against it.

Sure wish it was closer.

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17523 on: August 22, 2022, 03:16:03 PM »
Well, crap. Guess the electric fence went down, considering his backside is against it.

Sure wish it was closer.

Oh look, a new teddy bear . Tiny little thing

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17524 on: August 22, 2022, 06:59:10 PM »

Sure wish it was closer.

Oh look, a new teddy bear . Tiny little thing
That little guy may have slipped under.
Hope he dont get in.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17525 on: August 22, 2022, 07:37:07 PM »
I own it

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17526 on: August 23, 2022, 12:10:05 AM »
And matched your shirt!
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17527 on: August 23, 2022, 12:42:23 AM »
Doesn’t look like you’d fit in there!
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17528 on: August 23, 2022, 12:52:32 AM »
Better change the forum name to hippie sandal man eco car lol

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17529 on: August 23, 2022, 01:18:08 AM »
I own it
Nice car…. Windows need tinting

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17530 on: August 23, 2022, 08:42:32 AM »
Looks good

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17531 on: August 23, 2022, 08:47:27 AM »

Ya know, he may be on to something here ^^^^^^

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17532 on: August 23, 2022, 09:40:03 AM »

Ya know, he may be on to something here ^^^^^^
He's a Dave

He's not on to anything

;-)

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17533 on: August 23, 2022, 09:40:58 AM »
I own it
Duane says that too

What shade?

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17534 on: August 23, 2022, 09:54:25 AM »
I own it
I agree. 15% should do just fine.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17535 on: August 23, 2022, 09:59:09 AM »
I own it
Duane says that too

What shade?
Ceramic window tint is life changing! Coming from 60 hrs a week in the driver seat. I did 35% and my driver tan line is fading from the first weeks of summer, my inside Truck temperature is down, the AC usage never sees the higher air speeds. 

Those things will all cut down on the number of times you have to rewind the motor on that car giving you longer driving distance. 

Ceramic window tint is wonderful

Don’t forget you need to add some paint protection film onto the front of the hood ( is it a hood) and bumper to keep the blue paint looking nice.  Charles will vouch for this idea as well.  Not just another Dave idea!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17536 on: August 23, 2022, 10:01:51 AM »
On a much better note!

My TRUCK 2023 3500HD DRW Duramax High Country update is: In route passing Wyoming this weekend headed to SLC Utah.  I’m a week ahead of projected schedule after it was on a hold for two weeks.   
Should see it first week of September.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17537 on: August 23, 2022, 05:33:25 PM »
15%???

Whoa, that's dark!

I was definitely eyeballin' the ceramic stuff, due to the low heat transmission, but was in around the 35% range.

But then Duane says he popped for 20% on his, but he went with the cheapo tint.

Ken, you're all the way down to 15%???

I'd need to put new NO2 in my NVG's to drive with a tint that dark!

So, what about doing the windshield?

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17538 on: August 23, 2022, 06:35:09 PM »
I agree with ceramic tint, we put it on the dodge. We did something just barely tinted on the windshield, 25 I think on the rest

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17539 on: August 23, 2022, 09:06:54 PM »
The AZ has no tint restriction so I assume that’s why Ken is so dark. DOT is why I did 35%

You should also do the windshield just a light color but still blocks the same amount of UV light. 

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17540 on: August 23, 2022, 09:09:06 PM »
I like matching the rear windows, not really legal here, but I like it!

Getting in? I remember the Caprice I could get into fine, scrap my head all the time on the CV. My El Camino is a real challenge. On that note I saw an older (same body) listed for $6k, so my numbers may not be that far off.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17541 on: August 23, 2022, 09:58:28 PM »
I added a new daily drive today to the garage.  The VW has more codes on it then I care to pay to be fixed. Turbo, electric fan system, ac blower and compressor, two O2 sensors, and some plastic manifold parts are causing some MAF issues in there. 
Friend gave me a smoking deal on his 07 Escalade. It doesn’t get great MPG, I can’t plug it in, the motor runs strong, it’s been serviced regularly and has awd with a 6.2

I have polished it for him a few times over the years. It has 220k miles on it. 

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17542 on: August 24, 2022, 09:13:42 AM »
The AZ has no tint restriction so I assume that’s why Ken is so dark. DOT is why I did 35%

You should also do the windshield just a light color but still blocks the same amount of UV light. 

Yeah we have restrictions. They typically only check if you're pulled over for something else. As soon as I'm stopped I roll all the windows down and turn on the dome if it's dark out so they can see throughout the truck.

.. fronts are 25, rest 15.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17543 on: August 24, 2022, 11:41:06 AM »
Nice ride Dave! I had one, a 2009, and Kat had one as well a Denali (same thing) 08

JR- If you were asking about getting into/out of the TM3P...Ya, it sits low and is not easy for a big guy to easily step around in.

I think I'll do the windshield as well, but not the back glass just because of price. $950 is crazy expensive.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 11:42:05 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17544 on: August 24, 2022, 01:31:40 PM »
After two days in the caddy I don’t think it will be staying long term,  there trans has a clunk on acceleration and deceleration.

There is a few electric bugs going on with door locks and windows and mirrors.  The little things you use daily that will bother in a big way.   

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17545 on: August 24, 2022, 03:30:29 PM »
Could that just be a u-joint?

The caddy I’m fixing up has bugs too. Both rear door latches/locks appear to be bad.
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17546 on: August 24, 2022, 04:05:04 PM »
Could that just be a u-joint?

The caddy I’m fixing up has bugs too. Both rear door latches/locks appear to be bad.
Iv considered it might be a u joint but I can’t get them to move by hand.   

My passenger side door does that.  It unlocks when it wants to. 

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17547 on: August 24, 2022, 07:36:00 PM »
Still want a Tahoe, not AWD but 4x4 for sure. Trying to find something not 2-300 miles away is hard. Under 100k is nothing on these but I will not touch a 6.2, want some milage!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17548 on: August 24, 2022, 11:38:35 PM »
It gets about 15 mpg from what I have seen on the dash. 
It’s listed on Facebook and KSL.com

The 6.2 is a solid motor!!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17549 on: August 25, 2022, 09:32:06 AM »
Really nice looking!
Concur, the 6.2 is a good motor
The 6.0...Not so much (for mileage)