Hello Guest

Author Topic: How to replace window track/cables 00-07 GM trucks n similar  (Read 1218 times)

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
First off I had the kids to watch while doing this second door

First things first is order what you need from your favorite company.  I use a1auto.com there are many similar. 

I made a mistake and ordered them with out the motor. (Bone head move and saved nothing)
https://www.1aauto.com/window-regulator-pair/i/1awrk00005
Tools needed,
Mini impacter, 7mm,8mm, 10mm and Philips screw driver and tool attachments
Razor knife, parts cleaner, cool kids to be in the way

Next was to remove things to get to the door insides
First remove the manual lock slide ( it should pop out with a plastic pry tool. Second is the door handle cover, then pop the screw cover off, than pull the plastic barbed screw.

You will need to loosen screws in this location.  But I removed the door already

Next you have to lift up the door panel about a inch to pull it away from the door.
Than you have multiple wired connections to remove which a second set of arms and eyes are helpful for which I did not have.  One plug is the swinging clamp like our main wire harnes on the motor that you open to put almost any EDge product into. Then three others that require a flat blade screw drive or long girly fingernails DONT! Forget the light in the bottom corner of the door!

Then you need to set the panel aside, and begin to remove plastic from the door to access stuff.  Mine has Been on and off for speaker stuff and sound deading so it’s held on by speed tape.

You next need to tape you glass in place as you are removing what holds it in place. I just taped it on the outside because of window tint, to the top of the door so it wouldn’t fall.

Cut holes here
Then loosen these screws these two are the clamps that hold your glass. Be careful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: How to replace window track/cables 00-07 GM trucks n similar
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 04:04:31 PM »
Once those screws are loosened you need to plug the door panel back in.  Only need the two connections that are in the front. Turn key on and roll the window down (glass should be tapped now and not move) you need to unplug this motor.

Once that’s down unplug and move your door panel again.

Loosen six 10mm screws that are holding the track on the door. Then lift the track a bit and it should be free inside the door.  Fold it to the large bottom hole and pull it out.

Swap the motors if you were a moron and ordered the tracks with out them
Put the new track back in with similar fashion and reverse process.   Plug it back in add some speed tape and call it a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal