Hello Guest

Author Topic: I need clarity  (Read 453 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I need clarity
« on: August 02, 2022, 02:37:08 PM »
Some months ago, an evangelist from Africa started following my writing and sent me a friend request. I accepted after looking at his FB page. He is younger but super active in a church in Kampala, the capital of Uganda.

He asks for prayer and really pushes the "We are friends" thing. But I see that in a lot of Africans.

He keeps saying he needs this or that. First a laptop, then bibles and Christian books. I checked with a friend of mine who I worked with on an extensive African project. That friend actually owns a gold mine over there but spends most of his time here in Kentucky. He tells me the place is so corrupt, you can't get anything to the sender, that everything will be stolen. Recently he tried to send a single bible to a diplomat in Kenya. The shipping was $200, and the bible was stolen!

So, I am conflicted about sending this person anything. I don't know if God is prompting me to help him or it is just my emotions working on me, trying to save just one...

I need some advice.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
Re: I need clarity
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 04:38:12 PM »
That is going to be a hard one to work out.  Keep praying.  is there anything else possible.  Since he has internet, maybe you can do something else.  If he has a printer, you can send pdf copies of things.  Just spit balling here. As you already know, the corruption is pretty standard in that part of the world.  I know you remember our history with the neighbors.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 06:06:31 PM »
That is going to be a hard one to work out.  Keep praying.  is there anything else possible.  Since he has internet, maybe you can do something else.  If he has a printer, you can send pdf copies of things.  Just spit balling here. As you already know, the corruption is pretty standard in that part of the world.  I know you remember our history with the neighbors.
That's part of it. I suggested he just print bibles or books of the bible, but he did not respond. The only thing I can do is deposit money into his account, but that raises a big red flag and causes me to squirm. But I also feel perhaps he needs help and here I sit with the horn of plenty!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 07:53:29 PM »
Sounds super fishy to me.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 10:18:21 AM »
Sounds super fishy to me.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At face value, I would think so too, but I point you to the entry I made today over in the faith section on sexual immorality. That came from him this morning...

Pretty legit

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal