VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Build Threads

S10 Blazer Mini Build

(1/20) > >>

JR:
I have some surgery coming up and will be off each leg for 6+ weeks. With this in mind I need something I could drive that I didn't have to climb up into, fall down into and could haul 5 of us since I chauffeur kids around for school, not just my own.

I was looking for either an XJ or a blazer and found a 1998 S10 blazer for $1350. They wanted 2350 so I offered 1500 sight unseen until I could see it.

Has no power anything and KKBd at 1400 in good shape. It needed front end work, 2 new tires and died sometimes for no known reason. So I offered 1250 and we ended at 1350. Tags good till May and just ran $72 to transfer.

Drove it home, no issues but it had 6-8 inches of play in the steering. went to smog and "FAIL" (slightly high NoX) which probably just meant a tuneup. Get it home and it won't run. Start getting parts and being familiar with GM I went right to the Ign module (no run) then the coil (we have winner) and I am just out $20.

Got her cleaned up and my 13 year old daughter is eyeing it already as it has pink stripes.

So parts are coming in as we speak but here are a few pics for a primer;

JR:
Dug a little more and found a ripped boot, worn out front bumpstops and an oil leak.

Got a boot as the grease looks good so the CV should be sound.

Bumpstops, well there is some left,,,,,,,,,,, ::)

The 4.3 has a remote filter up front with a bypass thermo. But just like the dmax the crimps are crap. That lower line drips when it runs.

JR:
Under neath it had a rattle in gear. Not sure if it is the well used stock muffler (cat back on the way) or the tranny cover yet.

While there I found this nice strap holding the tank up. I was told it has a new pump and the rope does look new!  :P

TexasRedNeck:
Dude that's awesome!  I think you should test how long that rope actually lasts!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flyin6:
Imagine if polypropylene were fuel soluble!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version