VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Tires, Wheels, and Suspension

Atturo anyone???

(1/4) > >>

Flyin6:
In my never ending quest for a replacement tire I have traveled far and wide.

In search of a good tire that hasn't been exposed to BFG's widespread success and corresponding asking price, I have sought after the lesser of the breed.

We have looked at the Federal' which earned a pretty low rating from you the smart ones.
Then another Chinaman brand, heck can't recall the name (Post prior to 1st quoffee). No one even offered a hiccup on that one. Oh, just remembered, Kanita!

Well we know the Cooper STT's are great but cost around $340 or so apiece and I need five.

Bobby Liked the Duratracs, which unfortunately do not come in the bulbous size the 2500 likes to wear, so they are out. But Bobby was on to something. The Duratrac is an all terrain tire (Longevity...road manners...quieter...) but has good ole' gumbo mudders blocks on the outside of the tread surface.

That is a hybrid, perhaps the first of the breed? I once ran Pro-Comp XT's and found them to be useful on the supercharged SAS Tundra. The Kanitas featured a similar (Read: Stolen) tread pattern.

Well now I have found the Atturo Trail Blade XT's. A word about Atturo. They are Thai, as in the Thailand. That is Chinese prices with mo-better construction and QC. They apparently have stolen, err, copied and modified the Cooper SST tire to some extent and offer one of these AT Hybrids, now dubbed XT's and a 35 12.50R18 goes out the door for around $230!!!!!!!

Yea, I did not make a $100 mistake, the price is way cool. Cool enough for a guy like me to shod up ole C-Max and tow some heavy stuff across hill and dale down at the farm.

Any of you ya-hoo's know anything about them?

stlaser:
I know nothing of them but after being a huge fan of BFG mud ta's I'm with Bobby that these duratrac hybrids are the ticket...... Sorry they don't make them in gigantor size.

Flyin6:
But Kanita does...And almost a direct copy of Akron from Shanghai!

BobbyB:
As long as the legit Duratracs are available in 31" when I get around to lifting XJ, I'm good.

JR:
You sticking with 35s or going to 36s?

My STTs have an E rating, do these? It is the 18 inch that is getting you.

They stopped making the STT and now make the STpro with new center tread. If you can find the STT they may discount them?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version