VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Tires, Wheels, and Suspension

*NEW* Nitto Ridge Grappler

<< < (3/3)

Bigdave_185:
I have looked at both of the mentioned nitto tires. Still not sure I can change old habits away from my beloved BFG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JR:
Came down to $$ for me. They priced em way over everything else and IMHO they were not worth the extra.

mjmbrown:
Just placed my order to my guy @ discount tire. Since I'm replacing nearly new shoes on the excursion I figured I can offset the cost by selling the wheels and tires that came on it.  its got Goodyear Wrangler AT/S on it now and some ugly 20" chrome wheels. Well might not be ugly to others but its not my style. I like the low maintenance of the satin black wheel, hides brake dust and in general just suit me. I've always had black trucks with black wheels. even the wife's burb is black on black.

Anyways went with a 295/60R20. since I'm staying close to stock in height I didn't want to push my limits with trying to stuff a 35 this time. ordered up a set of 20" XD grenade in satin black also. So the package wasn't cheap but ill hope to find a buyer for my takeoffs to lessen the blow. Stay tuned, once they arrive ill post up some pics.

CHEVSILVER1500:
Just put a set of the Ridge Grapplers on my Duramax last week. The factory Good years; although with plenty of tread remaining at 35k miles, decided to bubble up on me on the way to work. Only one bubbled but when the guys at Discount removed the other tires from the wheels multiple tires were showing signs of belt separation on the inside of the tire. Thankful it happened last week instead of next week when the family heads out for vacation pulling the 24' Gooseneck with the side x side and loaded down.

Called the closest discount tire to work and they happened to have 4 of the Ridge Grapplers in 295/55/R20 in stock which is the exact tire I have been eyeballing for quite some time. So I bit the bullet and had them mounted up. So far no rubbing at factory ride height but it's darn close. If it starts rubbing I may just give the keys a couple turns. Only have about 100 miles on them so far as it's not my daily rig. Have the Trail Grapplers on the daily. Big fan of those but did not want to go that aggressive with the Dmax.

Will give an update as the mileage progresses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version