TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Construction and heavy equipment

Cat 305cr Excavator

(1/14) > >>

JR:
Well, I did it again and got another excavator. This time a Cat 305cr, 11k machine, 48hp with a full cab (well the main shell is there) Besides being a heavier machine (4k), it is 1.5' wider and tracts go all the way past the swing, way more stable for my use. Tracks seem in great shape.

Do not want another full project (fluid change) but a few things need to be done. Mitsubishi engine looks to has a new hydraulic pump, 7200 hours, 24in bucket (seen better days) plumed for a thumb and has the ram.  No blowby seen but a tad rough and a wet fuel pump (like the bobcat), hopefully just fittings.

Cab door and front window are missing. Rear left engine/cooling cover gone, crack in ram mount for boom (discovered after I bought it) Stick boom drips (guess its time to learn how to rebuild em) Boom swing sticks, cab rotates fine. Both heater and AC are gone, but setup for both. Heater should be pretty easy, look at the A/C for sure. Has speakers but no radio?

Right now I am looking for a door, front window and may have already found another 24" bucket with kubota quick coupler and adapter. Also a thumb is a must. I figured this into the price, got it down a little and will pickup on Sunday. I can just carry it on my trailer fudging a touch. Don't plane on hauling it around. Just here for a cleanup, then up to the Ridge for good. Yes, it will get paint.

I figure I can sell the bobcat well over what I paid in this market, making this a $$$ wash. Few days will tell, have already been asked about selling it several times.

JR:
Few more pics.

JR:
Not the best pic but here is where the weld is cracked on the ram mount.

Hardly any seperation, really only saw it from the rust line.

Flyin6:
That sprocket has like zero wear!

JR:
I think it was replaced with the track, looks great.

Looking for manuals, some are $6-700!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version