TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Hand Tools, Power Tools, Welders, etc

Plasma Cutter?

(1/3) > >>

rcampbell:
Hi all, recently been thinking of getting a plasma cutter. It didn't take too many days of going home after building my utility trailer with a nose full of grinder wheel dust to want something better. Anyway, I was looking at Hypertherm plasma cutters recently, anyone have any experience with those? Would you recommend any other brands?

BobbyB:

--- Quote from: rcampbell on October 23, 2014, 06:57:05 PM ---Hypertherm plasma cutters

--- End quote ---

I think Chief, has one of those... Yea if, I'm remembering correctly he does, cause he burned his thumb with it, trying to scare his cat...

rcampbell:
That's weird, they don't mention that feature on the website, just says they will cut metal... :)

KensAuto:
I have the small hypertherm 30 and it's great for "household" use, up to 3/16"....1/8" easily, super lightweight, 220 or 110v.

rcampbell:
That's good to know. That's pretty much as big as I go most of the times with steel anyway. 3/16" square tube is the thickest I've welded with my mig welder (lincoln 175). Although I'm thinking of stepping the welder up to something like a miller 212, so as long as my plasma cutter could cut as thick as I could reasonably weld, I think I'd be ok.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version