Hello Guest

Author Topic: Donald Trump  (Read 13037 times)

OldKooT

Re: Donald Trump
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2015, 04:26:32 PM »
Here is my question... why can't we just declare all "illegals" have 90 days to become legal. (country of origin makes no difference) Obviously we'd need a process to enable their acceptance as a citizen that would allow that concept. It can't be any more confusing than the present retardation of our laws. If they don't want to be legal that's cool, they need to go home.

Oh yeah first securely shut the borders, all of them, including Canada. There are plenty Canadians slipping across the borders working here, and not citizens as well.

Then America needs to as Tate said weather the storm and get busy rebuilding.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2015, 04:53:38 PM »
So In Seattle you'd be homeless at $1500 a month. Here you'd have almost a grand to spend yet. Probably true of many city vs small town cultures.

So in a general sense $20k a year salary here = $60k there. In so far as housing.

Milk is $3.69gal
Gas today was $2.27
Hamburger is $2.23lb
I have no idea how these prices compare....but it doesn't surprise me that folks that live in the larger cities often have a different view of the world.

Neb is one of the higher taxed States in the nation, then again looks like we can afford it.

Yep. Cost of living is much higher... further away you get from the city, it gets better, naturally.

Milk is about 3.5/gal
Gas is about 2.65 at Costco
Beef is outragous out here... bout $5/lb for ground beef. Haven't eaten much steak this summer because prices are so high.
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2015, 05:10:14 PM »
Our hippie marketing gurus here are very wise to the "beef crisis" with cleanliness issues and have adjusted prices according to the panic level. The closer to BC you get the higher the gas prices, adjusted to approximate the $1.50 per liter the friendly BC types are paying at home, so pretty darn close to $4.00 per gallon at border cities. Milk is milk, it seems everywhere, but you'd think that the home of darigold might have a better lock on some dairy prices.

I like Norm's idea.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2015, 05:36:06 PM »
Gas here is $2.00 and diesel is $2.50.

Just don't compare fuel to milk like the bozos on tv do. I don't put 50gal of milk in my truck, but drink a gal a week.

Here is Ca, you are better of making $8 and hour with a family than if you make 60k a year. At the $8 level, you have so many benefits it is like making 50k a year with no taxes!

Guess who gets most of that, illegals. And they use diff names to double benifits so as not to look like a family.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2015, 05:38:35 PM »
I think one way to start to move the needle in the right direction is a federal work requirement for welfare. Make people do something. In an earlier thread somewhere I referenced the version that Governor Weld put in place in MA (it was totally "user/taker" friendly  ::) you could do work for the state, donate time at a daycare (good for single moms with a litter) etc. it did not require chain gang type work). But even that little thing resulted in half the people on welfare stopping and getting jobs BEFORE the workfare requirement even went into place. Now all that's been thrown away by our most recent governor Obama buddy Deval Patrick, but it shows that it can work. And that becomes HUGE leverage financially- the drop in welfare payments coupled with the rise in income taxes generated. Its a good thing. It would halt the flow of illegals who come here for a hand out. Then we just have to attack the folks that employ illegals. I think if the punishment is high enough for businesses that employ them it will stop.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 09:09:55 PM by KensAuto »

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2015, 08:21:53 PM »
I have a sobering thought for everyone to consider

We as a western culture are dying...literally

For a culture to be sustainable it needs to support a birth rate of at least 2.1:2.
So every married couple needs to have 2.1 kids. THe two kids replace the parents when they die, and the .1 allows for growth. Cultures either are gorwing or they are dying. No idling along at the same size, that doesn't work

Now the US has the highest birth rate of any western culture/country. Our rate is 1.8:2

So we are dying, growing smaller each year.

Islam on the other hand has the highest birthrate. They "Enjoy" a rate of 8:2!!!
Yep each family replaces itself and adds three more families to the mix.

Islam flourishes best in western permissive cultures and wanes a bit the farther they get away from a Christian nation. Purely Islamic nations like Yemen and Afghanistan just kill that rate and life spans are all the way down into the high 30's on average (38 for the stan)

So we need some talent coming in to fortify our numbers. Mexicans, Guatemalans, and the like come from a predominately Christian (Catholic) background.

So given the choice which would you prefer? Barry O is all about bring in as many of his kin as he can get away with. They are infecting areas like Flint, Detroit, Dearborn, Minneapolis, and Washington.

Personally I'll take the Mexicans or Latino, but not without condition.

Oh and if you think we Christians are not stupid. have you seen who is the largest sponsoring agency to take in and resettle these Muslims.

The American Lutheran Church.

I have 6 kids. I'm doing my part!
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

OldKooT

« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2015, 09:00:20 PM »
Yeah, welfare here requires you work, educate and get solvent in a year or less. Coincidentally we also have one of the lowest unemployment rates as well. I am sure those figures are connected.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2015, 07:02:54 PM »
Yes, more of this!! ^^^
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2015, 06:06:00 PM »
X3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal