Hello Guest

Author Topic: Pedal bikes, what you ride and where you go  (Read 2689 times)

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Pedal bikes, what you ride and where you go
« on: April 26, 2017, 08:48:09 AM »
Figure there is a few people who might be interested in biking, it's healthy, easy on the joints, keeps you active, and probably one of the better options for a big out situation. 

I have had a number of bikes over the years. Mostly young punk kid bikes but I dug up some photos, some places and will share.   Please do the same
Moab, the gym trail 2009 specialized comp

Specialized P2 28 inch wheels, single speed down hill blaster

Specialized P3 custom built with my own fav parts 2011 I think
Fixed gear Felt, brakeless city cruiser, bar bike, party bike, most favorite bike to date. 

The fixed gear attraction for me was simple, no maintaining anything but tires, it was super quiet to ride and be unheard, they are light, they build muscle faster than you can imagine.  You can chose an initial gear ratio and that's what you get to work with.  Usually geared mine to maintain about 28 mph on a flat out press. We jumped stair cases, we slid down hand rails, we passed cars going down hills in the dark and knocked on the window as we passed.   "Hood rat stuff"

I'll post a picture of my current bike when I remember

Post your bikes, entertain is with memories and stores

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Pedal bikes, what you ride and where you go
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 01:03:40 PM »
I have a mountin bike I got for free for helping a friend move. Some gears work some don't. Front brakes only. I use it to ride around the campgrounds with the boys. Should Ride more but just don't I guess.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 02:38:32 PM »
I ride a Specialized Cross-Trail. Mostly just ride around when we're camping on pavement and hard trails

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 03:03:19 PM »
I enjoy riding as well, but running has pretty much taken over. I have a cannondale rize1 now called rz1 or maybe that's backwards I just know the year after I bought it the name changed due to cannondale being sued about the name or some nonsense. Lots of fun, no where real fun to ride down here like we had in GA.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 08:41:18 PM »
Old school Bianchi, Project 3 - 21 speed, no suspension with skinny dirt tires and a seat that puts the undies where you really don't like them!  :cry:  :facepalm:
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 11:27:19 PM »
Sure you guys missed the post a photo of ....

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 07:08:13 AM »
I don't have any.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 11:44:14 PM »
Can't run anymore so got a nice one this time.

Got a HARO FL 29in. Great bike, hydraulic disc brakes but it needs a new seat. Put a wide one on it but need a gel narrow. I also changed the tubes out for regular stems. The euro style wouldn't hold air and got tired on adapters.

Not sold on the 29in tires as my feet hit them now and then, but i'm no downhill guy.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 08:25:51 AM »
Can't run anymore so got a nice one this time.

Got a HARO FL 29in. Great bike, hydraulic disc brakes but it needs a new seat. Put a wide one on it but need a gel narrow. I also changed the tubes out for regular stems. The euro style wouldn't hold air and got tired on adapters.

Not sold on the 29in tires as my feet hit them now and then, but i'm no downhill guy.
I have the same issue.   I would take a bet with the forum that I have the largest feet in the group, my first ride on a 29er I didn't make it outs of the shop before the turn out the front door took my foot of the pedal.   I rolled around for a min but it just won't work

Work boots I usual wear a 13. But if it's a causal shoe I wear a 14.   Boot usual stretch a bit more and somewhere the length became proportional to the height of a foot I guess.  My feet are long and skinny not thick like most work boots think

29's and big feet usually don't mix

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 10:16:29 AM »
I normally have to size up for width. Usually in the 12-13 extra wide, 4e.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal