Hello Guest

Author Topic: Powder Shortage  (Read 1412 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Powder Shortage
« on: March 11, 2015, 10:22:06 PM »
I'm trying to get my reloading set up moved from my Bro in law's place to my new weekend place.  So in starting to look at powders again, its not gotten any better in terms of finding Varget, X-Terminator, H335, or just about anything else I use in bulk to load 5.56/ 3.08

Anyone got any intel on what the issue is and how the free-market economy has not caught up with the demand yet?  The demand/supply curve would tell me that these guys should raise their prices and work 24 hour shifts and open new plants to keep up but its not happening??
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline CHEVSILVER1500

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Powder Shortage
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 02:02:14 AM »
You should check out Big Guy Shooting supply in pearland. I was down there about a month back and picked up 3#s of variety and he had a nice selection of other powders. Kinda hit or miss but worth a shot. Also the bass pro in pearland had a decent selection last weekend.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Powder Shortage
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 02:06:23 AM »
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal