Hello Guest

Author Topic: Sigh...  (Read 3191 times)

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
Sigh...
« on: January 19, 2016, 07:15:35 PM »
Another one behind the wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Sigh...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 07:30:11 PM »
Mercy.  Starting her in the Max.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 07:37:33 PM »
Go big or go home! She learns how to maneuver this her car should be a piece of cake!

Molon Labe!

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 07:49:45 PM »
That's right.  Both my boys have been driving mine a lot from the beginning.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 08:19:25 PM »
You look more scared that I imagine you when taking incoming fire.....
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 08:34:50 PM »
I was a little apprehensive but honestly she did better than the boys on their first trip out...

Molon Labe!

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 09:27:04 PM »
Weird that's still the face I get when my wife drives my truck lol

Looks like she's very confident, with hands at 10 and two! Good stuff

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 09:49:53 PM »

Weird that's still the face I get when my wife drives my truck
^ that. And I make sure my insurance policy is paid up

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 10:08:42 AM »

I completely understand. 

Raising boys into RealMen!!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 10:18:40 AM »
Memories.......letting my son drive the snow packed rural roads of Iowa while pheasant hunting.......using "BlondeStar" when he locked the keys inside in the middle of a cornfield.....taking "control" after he slid it towards the shoulder/ditch that was more like a cliff.....NOW he has his own truck.....a Dodge Diesel with those mysterious ghost trailer mirrors!  LOL!

X3 on the wife in the Duramax.......lets just say she walks a long way in parking lots heading to stores when she's forced to take "the beast"...... :o
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2016, 10:45:39 AM »
I started my boys on the little John Deere...only cost me some shrubs I wanted to replace anyway. Next the big J-Deere, and now while down at the farm, time to do what HC is doing.

We should start a thread:

Most damage incurred while teaching kids to drive  :o

How about a Weston report?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 10:46:15 AM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

OldKooT

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 10:22:39 AM »
We have a tradition around here. At age 10 they are expected to be able to drive the tractors, skid loaders, or any other equipment. At 14.5 they get a school permit to drive to school..... so the learning to drive on the roads stage in town is not as scary because they have been driving stuff with wheels since they were 10 and have a good grasp. It's just making sure they know the rules of the roads regarding driving in populated areas, and away they go.

But just yesterday my 5 year old granddaughter and grandma took the 5 year olds first drive in the golf cart. They got to the end of the driveway, retrieved the mail and returned back with no damage, and bonus...grandma didn't have a stroke LoL

The above all said....I feel like we miss out on some fun experiences doing the 16yr old takes a cruise in the pickup in the city for the first time behind the wheel.....that's got to be nerv tingling.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 10:43:08 AM »
Yep, my girls we're driving skid loader & tractors when they were 8 or 9. Then they upgraded to 4 wheeler & driving jeep thru the back fields. Hopefully when they turn 15 it won't be that challenging.....
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2016, 01:46:50 PM »
Yep, my girls we're driving skid loader & tractors when they were 8 or 9. Then they upgraded to 4 wheeler & driving jeep thru the back fields. Hopefully when they turn 15 it won't be that challenging.....
I'm putting the boys on Sarge when and if I ever get it down to the farm. But I think top speed is around 4.4, maybe 5 mph

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2016, 02:44:50 PM »
I'm putting the boys on Sarge when and if I ever get it down to the farm. But I think top speed is around 4.4, maybe 5 mph OF DESTRUCTION!

There, fixed it! -- they'll be drunk with power!  Take video as you'll never see grins that big again!  ;D
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2016, 06:18:42 PM »
Yea, that will be a cool moment for sure!

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2016, 10:39:42 AM »
Weston is doing great as far as the cancer goes. No signs of even the slightest blur or redevelopment of anything. I guess the biggest challenge lately on his front has been getting him out of the state of mind, so to speak... He spent a year wiped out from chemo and radiation and it's hard to get him motivated to get moving. His stamina is very low and he has gained all of his weight back plus a lot more in a short period of time. He does have an HGH deficiency though we just found out which explains a lot. His mother and I parent very differently. I'm a drink water and get some sunshine kind of guy... she's a "there's gotta be a pill for that" kind. it's frustrating... but we are managing.

Molon Labe!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2016, 03:29:39 PM »
He looked good in a pic you posted some time ago.

Get him in front of some spirit filled faith healer pastor if one cruises through. Saw it just today. Old woman went forward with a cane, barely moving and walked away like nothing was wrong. A second woman who was scheduled to have a nerve ablation on Tuesday for severe back pain, was healed...completely, while we all watched. We know this woman, been in the church forever. Could barely move type person, but right in front of us she bent over and almost touched her toes! It was absolutely amazing to see.

Trust and believe in that, you have nothing to loose and Weston just may have everything to gain!

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2016, 09:26:28 PM »
Hard to trust and believe in that... Why aren't these "faith healers" waiting at the end of the wheel chair ramps of every children's hospital in the nation offering their services to kids so weak they have to be carried to the car? (I'm really asking) The realist in me calls BS on that. I believe God works through gifted hands, but not in that manner.

Molon Labe!

Online Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2016, 10:29:18 PM »
That is a very hard question and I also wonder a lot of the time. On the other hand God took your son in his hands and gave him a second chance to live a good life with family, friends and everyone else. Lots of things happen each day both good and bad. We just have to believe and accept...

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2016, 12:17:56 AM »
The biggest thing is he is doing so well. Gaining weight back and no signs of anything lurking. Time will tell,,,,,,,,,

As much as I want to believe it is hard to believe in faith healing. However leave no stone unturned when loved ones need care.

Just having a good outlook and support is very important.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2016, 02:29:11 AM »

That is a very hard question and I also wonder a lot of the time. On the other hand God took your son in his hands and gave him a second chance to live a good life with family, friends and everyone else. Lots of things happen each day both good and bad. We just have to believe and accept...
Make no mistake Bob, He had a hand on my son i know for a fact! It's just the "faith healing" I take exception to.

Molon Labe!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2016, 11:57:41 AM »
In the bible it is clear that each one of us has different gifts. The gift of healing is rare indeed. I have seen but a few. So one could summize that they wouldn't be able to wait around at on ramps at the Children's Hospital.
Think about it, and you might come to realize that to have an event which is advertised and centralizes the healing at a time and place where a great number can come just might be more efficient.
These peoples hearts are definitely in what they do. If they had the time to wait around hospitals, I'm sure they would. In fact I'm sure these gifted people make it to hospitals whenever they can.
We don't always have LEO's where we need them, they are spread pretty thin...same thing

B- you should open your mind to the possibilities. Increasing age will temper your resistance to accepting spiritual stuff if you allow it to. Or you can harden yourself and just try to do it all on your own, but then again, that age thing will catch up with that as well.

I believe God did heal Weston. I'd say that was a pretty good thing. I for one am very grateful!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal