PERSONAL READINESS > Real Man Knowledge base

Early Cummins powered Dodge computer removal and rewire

<< < (2/2)

BobbyB:

--- Quote from: Dodgeman on July 17, 2018, 01:15:48 PM ---but I would like to get this truck at least operational again.

--- End quote ---

Good luck on yours.

OldKooT:
The charging system is very simple. All you really need to do is wire in a external regulator using the diagram posted previously. To source the regulator go to any parts store and ask for a Dodge pickup regulator 1990 or older.  The transmission is also quite simple.

Using the factory OD switch can be done, or a even simpler way, is to use a old school dimmer switch on the floor.

As for the transmission....it has the two pin plug...rear pin is 12VDC the front pin is a ground. You control the OD function by switching the front pin/ground with any on/off switch...like I mentioned I use a old floor mount dimmer switch.

Dodgeman:
I still have this truck, ended up gutting most of the factory wiring & started over

wyorunner:

--- Quote from: Dodgeman on May 27, 2019, 10:23:24 PM ---I still have this truck, ended up gutting most of the factory wiring & started over, was a long process & would not do it again.
I’m either going to sell it, or it’s to the point where I’m confident to drive it. I was wondering if you ever figured out how to get the speedo to work? Everything else I’ve about got, but would really like that to work, I appreciate it, thx.

--- End quote ---

Isn’t the speedo mechanical? I must seriously be missing something here. My 92 trans seems to have a mechanical speedo on the side of it.

I could be completely clueless too.

JR:
Need to keep track of this thread. My 85 Sub has the mech tach and hopefully keep the 46R behind it.

For now the 6.2 turbo is doing fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version