Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1384638 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #18200 on: December 31, 2022, 10:40:10 AM »
Man you had to go and mention the T word.

Just wrote checks for property taxes. 

Cant wait to get out of the county I’m in for my primary residence.  20k for taxes in what’s becoming a war zone. By contrast the country place is $2700 with exemptions.

Crime has gotten so bad and the DA is a liberal so I’ve resorted to putting two warning shots in the 12ga.  A flash bang round and a fin stabilized OC rubber bullet before the OO so they can’t say I did not warn them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Good thinking!
That dog will hunt
And what could the libtard DA do with that? Say you didn't sugar coat the rounds?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18201 on: December 31, 2022, 10:46:56 AM »
We visited the ARK museum last night, the very first time!
We have a member who works there so he can highlight our background as necessary
They are putting on a wonderful festival of lights. The Ark is illuminated with some subtle hues while all the trees and displays are a mountain of lights.

I never ventured inside that behemoth before. I remained absolutely stunned by what I witnessed. Is there a larger wooden structure on the planet? I would sorely doubt it. We must have deforested a large western state to build that thing. Large falls well short of what that thing is. Magnificent is a word that fits it well. Awe inspiring does too. We took all the family, and Kathy and I purchased an annual pass.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18202 on: December 31, 2022, 10:57:55 AM »

Cant wait to get out of the county I’m in for my primary residence.  20k for taxes in what’s becoming a war zone. By contrast the country place is $2700 with exemptions.

Crime has gotten so bad and the DA is a liberal so I’ve resorted to putting two warning shots in the 12ga.  A flash bang round and a fin stabilized OC rubber bullet before the OO so they can’t say I did not warn them

Right, Denver is getting to be same way. Between home, and two shops I was looking well over $20k in property taxes per year. Current shop costs me $9k between property taxes and hoa first of every year. It’s 29% rate commercial and only 1500sq ft…..
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18203 on: December 31, 2022, 03:29:48 PM »

Good thinking!
That dog will hunt
And what could the libtard DA do with that? Say you didn't sugar coat the rounds?
Probably that because I had a Wilson Combat 12 ga with LE rounds that I had some vindetta complex and was “looking for a fight”. They’ll destroy law abiding citizens in court while sympathizing with career criminals 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18204 on: January 03, 2023, 08:35:59 PM »
Well something happen on the way home today
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 09:49:11 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18205 on: January 03, 2023, 08:48:27 PM »
Well something happen on the way home today
That’s awesome!!! And to be able to catch it on the 00000 is great as well!!

What’s the whole truck look like ?

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18206 on: January 04, 2023, 01:42:59 PM »
Made it home from Kentucky yesterday. Had a little bad weather close to home but not bad. Brought a little Kentucky wild life with us. Zane got his first Deer while we were there. He went with my wife's uncle. His only child passed away a few years ago. I think he had more fun than Zane because he had someone to pass his knowledge on to. Very good bonding time for both of them.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18207 on: January 04, 2023, 03:28:43 PM »
Made it home from Kentucky yesterday. Had a little bad weather close to home but not bad. Brought a little Kentucky wild life with us. Zane got his first Deer while we were there. He went with my wife's uncle. His only child passed away a few years ago. I think he had more fun than Zane because he had someone to pass his knowledge on to. Very good bonding time for both of them.

Congratulations young man!

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18208 on: January 04, 2023, 04:38:43 PM »
Outstanding.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18209 on: January 04, 2023, 06:03:41 PM »

Congrats Zane! And I see you are hanging the animal properly!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18210 on: January 04, 2023, 07:02:44 PM »
Looks tasty

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18211 on: January 04, 2023, 10:49:32 PM »
Looks like I sold the camry as is. Asking $1500, took 1250 for it (well friday hopefully). Flipper out of Chico who knows it needs a motor. PicknPull was only offering $400 as scrap. I was about to get a wrecked camry with 40k fewer miles, but thought about all the work. I may have gotten $3000 for it then.

What a chore though, I plainly put in the add the cars runs, but not drivable, engine bad from loss of oil. I was swamped with "when can I drive it", "whats wrong with it", I'll give you $800 for it.

Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18212 on: January 05, 2023, 08:59:14 AM »
Yeah,  Craig’s list is a magnet for idiots..that’s why I take so much pleasure in some of the very direct sarcastic ads.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18213 on: January 05, 2023, 10:24:44 AM »
Lookin like a good day here men!!

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #18214 on: January 05, 2023, 02:59:03 PM »
Been at the boat off and on.
I can say I wish I weren't so OCD.
Foam sucked, but this vinyl, it's sucking the life out of me.
I need it perfect...well I'm dumb for that... :knucklehead:
In any case, slowly but surely parts are changing into pieces for the boat.

Here's SOB from previous, may or may not have posted this one. 2/3's of main deck installed and glued.

Port rod locker cover piece cut out on right. Vinyl being measured and cut on left.

Left side glued, right side 'drying' similar to contact cement.

The evil in a can...If you ever need to use this stuff in a confined space use a respirator, it's some nasty.

Bottom of lid secured and straight. I took a chance by having it pre-cut to size.

Marked for glue for the top and sides/ends.

Rolling in the edge.

And done... This one... Three hours into the evening, started by cutting the plywood, so slow night.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 03:07:13 PM by Sammconn »
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18215 on: January 05, 2023, 03:23:32 PM »
Looks like it should last a good long while for you!!
Clean work right there brother!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18216 on: January 05, 2023, 08:23:54 PM »
Looks good Sam, I am the same, hate doing things halfway.

Sold the Camry for $1300, glad its done.

Went to Salinas and got a 54" bucket for the Exc. Have to go dump it on the flatbed in the AM until I get to it.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18217 on: January 05, 2023, 10:58:05 PM »
Had the unfortunate pleasure of working on a '19 Dodge diesel this week.
Dodge was the first to come out with a security gateway module in 2018. I knew about it but postponed getting set up for it .

This is what I have to do now. Since I use snap on diagnostic tools, I first have to set up a profile account with them, list the scanners along with their serial numbers, accociated pin numbers, and the technician assigned to said tools.

Then I go to a website called Tech authority to pay 50/year, give them the Snap on account info, etc . They act as a gatekeeper for the factory brands.

Once you plug into the vehicle (must be near internet), it connects to Tech authority, they grant permission to go further. This leaves a "paper trail" of whatever I do in the vehicle.

The reason I'm posting this is because the days are almost over for hitting up AutoZone, or using handheld code readers, to clear codes. (You are only allowed to read generic data, not able to perform any functional tests).

I've about had enough of this  horsecrap.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 11:00:25 PM by KensAuto »
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18218 on: January 06, 2023, 09:21:48 AM »
Had the unfortunate pleasure of working on a '19 Dodge diesel this week.
Dodge was the first to come out with a security gateway module in 2018. I knew about it but postponed getting set up for it .

This is what I have to do now. Since I use snap on diagnostic tools, I first have to set up a profile account with them, list the scanners along with their serial numbers, accociated pin numbers, and the technician assigned to said tools.

Then I go to a website called Tech authority to pay 50/year, give them the Snap on account info, etc . They act as a gatekeeper for the factory brands.

Once you plug into the vehicle (must be near internet), it connects to Tech authority, they grant permission to go further. This leaves a "paper trail" of whatever I do in the vehicle.

The reason I'm posting this is because the days are almost over for hitting up AutoZone, or using handheld code readers, to clear codes. (You are only allowed to read generic data, not able to perform any functional tests).

I've about had enough of this  horsecrap.

Big oppressive government
You see, by documenting every single thing you do, it will be easier to later hold you responsible for the heinous crimes against liberals you no doubt commit nearly every day.
For example, did at any time you think the fluid-sexual thing Biden appointed to watch over our nation's nuclear materials was unusual? Well, did you?
The soon-to-come "thought control police" will certainly want to know.
Jesus is close to returning.
Common sense, nor fairness, nor morality, nor freedom will be before that time.
That is our only hope...

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18219 on: January 06, 2023, 09:24:39 AM »
I had to walk outside with my tactical shotgun this morning and make some 811 schiff heads poop their pants.

I HATE people who cant even have the damned courtesy to ring the door bell @ 0730 to let me know they are here to do some work!!!!!!!

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18220 on: January 06, 2023, 04:20:11 PM »
I think more and more the younger generation is getting used to lazy adults that are still asleep at this early hour Nate and assumed they would get yelled at less by not disturbing you. jokes on them! lol
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18221 on: January 06, 2023, 05:01:16 PM »
Got nostalgic with timeline pics reminding me how fast my daughter is growing up. 12 already SMDH and such a tough cookie. two moves in two years and already making plenty of friends and adapting. Baldy pic is her in her big brother's soapbox car, after getting her hair straightened, (lasted about 3 hrs, lol), christmas carols on the flute and new years at the space needle.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18222 on: January 06, 2023, 06:23:36 PM »
Nate, thats way over your head!

My 15 year old almost looks at eye level now. 18 year old is lazy and 20 year old daughter heads out at midnight with her girlfriends. God help me and them when she gets into boys.

Wife is at the gov inauguration (invited) in sac. She was so giddy I thought she was going to get on her knees and bow (god help us)

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18223 on: January 06, 2023, 08:53:22 PM »
Went to unload the truck and found my boat cover ripped open and water above the deck. Found I had left the plug in so that was remedied. Then tarped it over waiting for a few nice days to dry it out.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18224 on: January 06, 2023, 09:53:11 PM »
Jr you have a boat ? Why on earth

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18225 on: January 06, 2023, 10:17:01 PM »
There is a thread here somewhere on it. Just sitting in storage now with the flatbed.

19ft, V6 I/O. Even have a FI kit for it. Up in the air on selling it as the new property is 20 miles from Pyramid Lake (think tahoe size)

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18226 on: January 06, 2023, 10:29:58 PM »
I hope that tarp damage just happened and the engine isn’t sitting in a tub of water. When the plug is in the bilge it can fill with water quickly.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18227 on: January 06, 2023, 10:44:31 PM »
Think I'm OK, will give it a good once over when it warms up.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18228 on: January 07, 2023, 11:55:55 AM »
Found an excuse to send money to Tate

https://youtube.com/shorts/2kj-L0XgxoM?feature=share

Gonna go with the ICON upper a arms and some new lower ball joints while I’m at it. If I’m tearing into it I’m doing it all.

The entire suspension was replaced 75k miles ago. Moog lower joints (minor slop now) and kryptonite stage three steering and new red head box and hub bearings. Including poly urethane bushings and new torsion bars. The only part I cut corners in was the uppers by using AC Delco OEM replacements. Probably about right on a lifted truck with OEM AC Delco replacement uppers. No wonder it was walking all over the road on rutted pavement

And shut up Shawn. I know you ridicule my IFS vs SA. ;-)

I’m old and I like my comfortable ride.

If I want a buckboard ride I’ll get an old dodge and 12V

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18229 on: January 07, 2023, 12:23:51 PM »
That a boy Charles

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18230 on: January 07, 2023, 04:56:23 PM »
Found an excuse to send money to Tate

https://youtube.com/shorts/2kj-L0XgxoM?feature=share

Gonna go with the ICON upper a arms and some new lower ball joints while I’m at it. If I’m tearing into it I’m doing it all.

The entire suspension was replaced 75k miles ago. Moog lower joints (minor slop now) and kryptonite stage three steering and new red head box and hub bearings. Including poly urethane bushings and new torsion bars. The only part I cut corners in was the uppers by using AC Delco OEM replacements. Probably about right on a lifted truck with OEM AC Delco replacement uppers. No wonder it was walking all over the road on rutted pavement

And shut up Shawn. I know you ridicule my IFS vs SA. ;-)

I’m old and I like my comfortable ride.

If I want a buckboard ride I’ll get an old dodge and 12V

Well then, I’ll just keep my memes to myself……  :knucklehead:

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18231 on: January 07, 2023, 05:13:38 PM »
I did the kripto on mine and PPE steering. That is so common on lifted trucks though.

Me too, I like the ride but still have slop.

Was the steering box worth the $$$. I've taking the slop out of mine but it still has way to much free play.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18232 on: January 07, 2023, 09:16:47 PM »
I guess it was worth it. I was just on a mission to replace everything when I re did the lift. The original only had 135k on it

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18233 on: January 07, 2023, 09:50:58 PM »
I took the wife shooting, around the corner on some state Forrest land. No pics, I think she took a couple. This was a refresher course on basic operation of her couple of hand guns (judge & g43 then the 870) & a home defense 12ga variety. She really took a liking to the 12ga albeit w/ low brass 6 shot. So back to behaving I guess now that she knows how to hit a man sized target effectively……

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18234 on: January 07, 2023, 10:33:09 PM »
I guess it was worth it. I was just on a mission to replace everything when I re did the lift. The original only had 135k on it

I put the cognito steering brace kit in mine when I did the motor swap.
That is the solution for the front end slop our car front ends contain.
The opposite wheel anticipates the movement from the one you push.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18235 on: January 07, 2023, 10:42:09 PM »
I have the Cog steering brace, PPE tie rods, Kripto uppers and new stock lowers. New timken bearing units with the lift.

Adjusted the steering box twice, still have about 3in free play.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18236 on: January 09, 2023, 12:50:26 PM »
I have the Cog steering brace, PPE tie rods, Kripto uppers and new stock lowers. New timken bearing units with the lift.

Adjusted the steering box twice, still have about 3in free play.

Sounds like your steering box is about worn out then.
Sam

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18237 on: January 10, 2023, 11:40:18 AM »
I have decided to go ahead and start studying for my HAM radio license. I purchased a little Baofeng UV-5X3 handheld to learn with. I am a hands-on learner. People I have talked to int he Ham community say it's pretty easy. The same people say not to transmit because "they will find you" And "they" are not the FCC. I know better than to do that anyway.

First things first I want to get my little radio programmed to the local emergency channels so I can monitor what's going on. I want to take my time with this, so I don't get in over my head. My goal is to have my license and get an antenna put up by the end of this year.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18238 on: January 10, 2023, 01:47:35 PM »
That’s great Jon

Here’s a link that will come in handy especially as you travel

https://www.repeaterbook.com/index.php/en-us/

Some repeaters are internet linked and you can even talk to people in other countries in your little handheld.

Since comms are line of sight repeaters are often placed high on towers or buildings so you can communicate more effectively. 

Most of them you have shifts you have to program to be able to talk and your manual on your handheld should walk your through that.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18239 on: January 10, 2023, 11:24:49 PM »

So…… I purchased a really expensive hat & they gave me this extremely nice trailer for free.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18240 on: January 10, 2023, 11:56:22 PM »
Oh boy!!!! Look at that pretty hat!!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18241 on: January 11, 2023, 01:38:16 AM »
Bet that was one pricey hat.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18242 on: January 11, 2023, 07:39:05 AM »
That’s great Jon

Here’s a link that will come in handy especially as you travel

https://www.repeaterbook.com/index.php/en-us/

Some repeaters are internet linked and you can even talk to people in other countries in your little handheld.

Since comms are line of sight repeaters are often placed high on towers or buildings so you can communicate more effectively. 

Most of them you have shifts you have to program to be able to talk and your manual on your handheld should walk your through that.

Thanks for the link. I also need to download "chirp".

Our place is sitting on one of the highest points in the county. So, I want to put an antenna on the new building. Eventually as funds allow, I can get one up on the grain leg. That is 80 ft. I need to be able to call for help when we are traveling in a desolate area with no cell service. That means having the proper antenna on the truck as well.

But first baby steps. I have a bad habit of going full bore on something then losing interest and wishing I took my time. This is something I need to learn about for our own safety.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18243 on: January 11, 2023, 09:56:50 AM »

So…… I purchased a really expensive hat & they gave me this extremely nice trailer for free.

So, you didn't have to drive to NC to pick it up? I picked up mine there and to my knowledge, they were not shipping.
Something must have changed as I don't recall seeing you mention driving 3/4 of the way across the country!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18244 on: January 11, 2023, 07:58:20 PM »

Skid loader adjustable boom

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18245 on: January 11, 2023, 08:02:10 PM »

So, you didn't have to drive to NC to pick it up? I picked up mine there and to my knowledge, they were not shipping.
Something must have changed as I don't recall seeing you mention driving 3/4 of the way across the country!

Nothing changed, they have a manufacturing plant in Beaver City NE which apparently Nate is aware of as he asked today in a text if I had been there.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18246 on: January 11, 2023, 10:10:00 PM »
Nice work Shawn, You know I am doing the same. Just waiting for a little better weather!

Looks like I going to need a steering box. Anyone heard of Blue Top? Not as pricey as redhead and way better reviews.

https://bluetopsteeringgears-com.3dcartstores.com/2872-99-07-ChevroletGMC-2500HD-3500HD-4x4-W-3-master-splines_p_43.html

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18247 on: January 11, 2023, 10:37:03 PM »
I had a blue top on my lbz. Good customer service as well. Tate might have some more info

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18248 on: January 12, 2023, 04:37:26 PM »
I had a blue top on my lbz. Good customer service as well. Tate might have some more info

RedHead would have been my recommendation, but now that you mention it JR, should I be steering folks away?

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18249 on: January 12, 2023, 06:31:28 PM »

RedHead would have been my recommendation, but now that you mention it JR, should I be steering folks away?

Hearing the later years are having issues in the reviews I looked at. I have a redhead for my El Camino in a box someplace, had a Lee for my 77 GMC.

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal