RULES/WELCOMES > Site Rules & Introductions

Hello from Texas

(1/4) > >>

Jared Herzog:
I was asked to write an introduction so here it goes. I am Jared Herzog. I have followed you guys for a while and came over from Duramax Forum when Don made the move. I am in Dripping Springs, Texas. It is here where we are building our current home. We are living on site while we do the entire thing on our own so i can teach my oldest daughter how everything goes together.
I am a builder who learned all i could from my father and grandfather. My grandfather built custom homes his whole life and worked into his 80’s. From there i hired different trades on our projects and worked with them to learn some more. I have my own small construction company at this time. My Uncle is also a builder so we work on projects together when we have the opportunity. This is adventurous since the two of us are of the same mindset. He teaches prepping/survival in our area and got me involved with his different groups. From there we have done rain water collection, underground bunkers, hidden rooms, strong doors and such in addition to standard construction projects.
I would not ever consider myself an expert at anything because there is always more to learn. I am sort of well rounded in regards to construction so hope to be able to help with questions on building and home maintenance.

Nate:
sounds good jared.  but I do feel bad that you have to be so close to all that libtardedness that goes on there in "keep Austin weird".........

Jared Herzog:
Keep the weird in Austin. I greatly dislike that town. I usually only go there once or twice a year and only if necessary. Once you get 20 miles out it is much more conservative with the country people. The roads in Austin have become parking lots. The middle class can not afford to live there. It is sad what has happened.
I grew up in Kyle south of Austin. My family has been in this county since the mid 1800’s. A lot has changed but there are still good people all around.
Thankfully i spend most of my time working at ranch properties and way out away from the crowds.

TexasRedNeck:
Jared. Howdy officially. I’m a fifth generation Texan and my family is originally from around lovelady, which oddly enough is not far from where my retirement/hide is. I’m aiming to get out of Houston as soon as I can but a good paying job keeps funding my hide and retirement. Thanks for all your help with the Casita. If you are ever in Houston look me up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oklawall:
Well one Jared from a neighbor to the north

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version