GENERAL TOPICS > Most Favored Companies

McCoys

(1/3) > >>

Jared Herzog:
This company is a Texas based lumber company that is family owned. I do as much business with them as i can. They are closed on Sundays. Their posted hours say “closed Sundays to build family values”. They are the largest financial contributors to PAWS animal shelter. They are also the largest privately owned business financial contributor to Texas State University.
A few years ago i was at HomeDepot. The store manager and i were talking. He wanted to bid some projects we had. The lumber drops were about $70,000. I said no. He asked why and i told him i use McCoys. He pushed to get me a quote and continued to praise his store. I said ok on one condition. The condition was to deliver me one 2X4 today and while delivering the stud i would give him the materials lists for the three homes. He could not do it. He tried to get me to take the lumber with me. I reminded him that was not the point. They do not have anything in place to do anything that small that quickly. I informed him that McCoys could and has in the past and that is the kind of service i need. This conversation was following a nightmare situation where they had failed to bring a load of windows and they were a month late. One Friday the load was coming out but their drivers had just hit 40 hours so they turned around mid way and headed back to the store with my load.

stlaser:
I prefer to spend local, however it’s not always possible. That’s just business, if I can spend local I will as those dollars stay local. It’s kinda like state lotteries, you spend that money (to buy a ticket) and it gets consolidated to the government & then a couple winners. You take that same money and buy a locally made product or service & how many times does that money change hands with people in your own community? You do that enough the community changes for the better. Goes back to a saying my old man used to tell me which is if your neighbor is hurting financially this month how many months until you are in the same boat?

Nate:
been to mcCoys a couple times, not a bad place.

heck, before the 2 big box home improvement stores moved into Lawton, ok. there was only a McCoys and 1 other small lumber supply store.

OldKooT:
Ahhhhhhh Lawton..... memories.

Jared Herzog:
Spending local is very important to me. Since i am self employed and the people in my community hire me i keep my money local as much as possible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version