Hello Guest

Author Topic: No rant! Sons first award  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Higher Caliber

• Registered
  • Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
No rant! Sons first award
« on: April 21, 2015, 08:57:58 PM »
My oldest boy receiving JROTC awards.
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: No rant! Sons first award
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 09:03:36 PM »
Pretty neat Blaine. Is he going to do anything with that ROTC kick start? Parlay it into an Army career possibly? An officer?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 09:14:31 PM »
That is good stuff right there.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 09:37:52 PM »
Congrats!! You must be proud.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 09:56:29 PM »
Wow.  I know you are proud, and rightfully so.  Thank you for raising a productive member of society and passing along your values.  We need more of that for sure.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 10:10:35 PM »
Congrats to you both!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 10:44:08 PM »
Well done! Congrats!
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 11:23:21 PM »
Sweett!!!
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 12:38:48 AM »
Proud papa moment! Congrats to your boy
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Higher Caliber

• Registered
  • Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 02:29:41 AM »
He really wants to, but he has a lot of growing up to do yet! Im not gonna lie, I'll be torn if he enlists.  On one hand proud and beaming and on the other apprehensive. I'm not 100 percent sure if he enlists, I wont re-up myself. ;) If he goes, it will be right out of high school probably. He has had a rough life and is a super resilient kid. Crazy quiet and contemplative. I have three boys with my practice wife and he is the oldest. He has seen alot of my assault pack on my way to a plane. He always laid a heavy burden on himself while I was away, being the oldest boy and all. He had a baby brother pass away when he was 5 and still remembers it vividly. He suffered through his mom and I's divorce and her subsequent attempts to destroy our relationship. Now Weston's cancer and treatments. He has a lot of me in him. (which may be bad! lol) I see a lot of me when I was growing up in him. He is caring and compassionate which I believe is core facet of a warrior. His "calling" is budding I believe. Much earlier than mine did. Granted he is surrounded by more influence than I was. We will see what happens. I know in some way he will lead a life of service, just not sure in what capacity and Im not going to push him in any certain direction as far as careers go. We will just have to see how he blooms gents!
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 03:01:50 AM »
Way to go.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 08:07:14 AM »
I copy on the apprehensive part

You want them to be part of something that means something, something hard to achieve, something with reward andmakes a better person. Soldiering does all that for sure.

But then there's that pilot part in me. THe part that has some of that young man's blood on the back of my helmet and the inside of my windshield. I get to look through that while I pull every ounce of power out of that machine only to lose him enroute. Then I get to remember looking back at Pete working on him enroute. That part tells me to protect them and steer them to medical school

But what does that mean? Means some other father's son has to carry that burden. Means that kid gets that ride in the helicopter. Tough on everybody when our youngster makes decisions about things he knows nothing about.

But me, I'd be really proud of my son getting pinned some award by an honorable senior NCO, real proud!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2015, 04:18:40 PM »
Great. Proud moment for sure.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal