GENERAL TOPICS > Our Pro-Military, Veteran, and Thin Blue Line place

US Army getting a new Infantry fighting vehicle?

(1/4) > >>

Flyin6:
Allow me to introduce the M-10 Booker!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-army-unveils-its-new-m10-booker-infantry-assault-vehicle-that-s-named-after-2-hero-soldiers/ar-AA1d14rb?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=9b2c498bfbbc4aa4ba0b33a8878117c9&ei=12

Maybe just me, but that's a tank!

cj7ox:
It's not an IFV. The current army term for this is Mobile Protected Firepower (MPF). It's a light tank, but we're not allowed to call it that. Mostly, because it will belong to light infantry units (even though it'll crewed by tankers). LOL! Think along the lines of a new Sheridan. It DOES NOT carry infanrtymen/dismounts.

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: cj7ox on June 26, 2023, 03:40:29 PM ---It's not an IFV. The current army term for this is Mobile Protected Firepower (MPF). It's a light tank, but we're not allowed to call it that. Mostly, because it will belong to light infantry units (even though it'll crewed by tankers). LOL! Think along the lines of a new Sheridan. It DOES NOT carry infanrtymen/dismounts.

--- End quote ---
That makes more sense to me.

Looking at it and that huge turret and 105mm gun, I was thinking I could see one of these in a platoon of Bradley's to take care of nuisance enemy tanks and aircraft carriers and the Battlestar Galactica!
Thing looks cool...Diesel: check, 105mm: check, lighter weight: check

oklawall:
What is the top speed? I may need one of those for my daily driver. I'm sure the dogs would be cool with sticking their heads out of the turret

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: oklawall on June 27, 2023, 08:13:34 AM ---What is the top speed? I may need one of those for my daily driver. I'm sure the dogs would be cool with sticking their heads out of the turret

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
I really don't know anything about it, but I would guess its top speed would be around 30-35mph somewhere. The M60A1 I crewed/commanded back in the day had a governed speed of 32mph. We all removed the governor and then it would hit close to 40 on a slight decline.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version