Hello Guest

Author Topic: Trump's first set of Executive orders  (Read 965 times)

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

OldKooT

Re: Trump's first set of Executive orders
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 10:00:33 AM »
I like the concept.... But Executive orders aren't enough. We need sound logical timely legislation that has teeth. Hopefully that is his administrations end goal. A president can lead...only the people of this country can fix the real issues. And the recent split in this countries recent election, shows that's a uphill battle at the very least.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 10:23:57 AM »
I think the legislation will come, the guys he looks to be surrounding himself with are not dumb. However, legislation takes time & the prior guys pen & phone need to be stomped on & crushed immediately.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 11:11:35 AM »
Koot, what makes it an uphill battle?  The conflict is in the mainstream media's eyes.

66 of 99 state legislative chambers are republican
only 5 states in the union trust democrats to have govenorship and the legilative bodies. CA, DE, RI, HI, OR
by contrast 26 states have replublican govenor and both houses are republican

This has been a ground swell of the country moving back center-right the most since 1980

in 2009 Dems controlled 27 states. Now only 11.  Barack Obama has been the best thing for this country that has ever happened.  Its an awakening and the silent majority is silent no more.  Thus the groaning and whinings from the left.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 11:33:14 AM »
Excellent point RN

It is not a big tough fight as the left leaning media seems to have painted. It is our time...God's time. Conservatives and Christians have the momentum, and we are seeing a movement, not just a won election.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

OldKooT

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 11:58:02 AM »
TRN I agree completely that, if there ever was a time, it's now. The battle I refer to is the fact that roughly 50% of this country is terminally ignorant. Close to 90% of this countries educational establishments are equally ignorant.

Add to that, people still want what they want..and a majority clearly want to remain ignorant.

When racing, being out front is called leading. Right know the concept of common sense and whats right is "leading" Winning is a entirely different matter. We can hope for new legislation that will make a difference. We can hope for a leader and a government of leaders and right now it looks much better than it has for a long while... but even leaders need followers to by design lead. At best, they have half the country...with our younger upcoming generations of indoctrinated ignorance being pushed by ever form of higher education going.... good luck maintaining that 50/50 in another ten years.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 02:58:06 PM »
A lot of what will be to come depends on our younger generation & job availability. That whole teach a man to fish line, we've neglected to teach them how to fish the last few generations. What we told them was everyone should go to college & be indoctrinated by a bunch of commies which is the worst thing we could have done for many of them

I'll take welding for instance because I'm familiar with it. There is a huge shortage of skilled welders for the foreseeable future. I haven't met a knucklehead I couldn't teach to weld. I might add that quite a few of them I had to teach how to read a tape first and these for the most part were high school grads. Once they mastered the skill their whole outlook changed as a door was opened up for them. That door is what us older generations need to be helping to open. Now granted after opening the door it was hard to keep them from becoming premadonnas but that may be a welder thing.....
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

OldKooT

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 03:52:45 PM »
It's very similar in agriculture as well. With a even larger issue looming that most will never own a farm. The capitol required is immense, and the rewards are often time hardly worth the risk to most. I can't even fathom being in my mid 20's wanting to become a farmer. You'd have to be nuts.

As for Welders...I am related to a fella that runs a welding shop specializing in building irrigation pipe fittings. You have to pet his ego and pay him way too much... or he will suffer what I call acute situational depression. If you really want to anger him mention his welds are pretty but they don't look strong. If you want to send him to therapy just mention you welded something yourself...lmao

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 03:58:51 PM »
In the Suburbs, premadonnas are the Landscapers!  Should see the looks I get for doing my own lawn, running a leaf blower, mulching and edging or trimming bushes......they no likey Mikey when I'm out working at the same time they are!  I'm thinking I'll have less hard stares this next summer though........ ;D
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 10:38:36 AM »
I need a safe space. bahahahahahah These are our kids now? wth

On a more serious note, I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall when Trump lured the MSM in for a little discussion. Maybe, just maybe, it might make a difference.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal