Hello Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Oklahoma  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Foundation

• Registered
    • View Profile
Hello from Oklahoma
« on: January 09, 2020, 06:10:48 PM »
Hi All,

Stumbled upon this forum doing research on an overdrive issue I had with my 1992 Dodge W250 (Thanks Flyin6!). Some really great stuff here and appears to be a solid community of good folks. Looking forward to engaging, learning and sharing our own build adventures.

Current build and daily is a 1992 Dodge W250 12V named Ole Blue. She is used as my daily as well as for traveling across country to precision rifle matches for our company. We are continually "upgrading" her and end goal is a healthy tow rig with overland capabilities. I can share what we have done so far for those interested.

Also working on a 1978 FJ40 to county road and trail with the kiddos. My first truck was a 1972 FJ40 so this 78' build will hopefully earn a place in my kiddos memories like mine did.

Few pics of Ole Blue and her mechanic, nice boom stick because I figure this crowd might like those too and one of the FJ40:

Thanks all!

JK
For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 1 Cor. 3:11

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Oklahoma
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 06:29:25 PM »
Welcome
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 07:02:13 PM »
Very cool.  Welcome to our little family. Look forward to hearing more
About the shooting too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 07:38:27 PM »
I just want to clarify.  Is that guy working on the truck one of yours is it one of ours Ken?   Muck boots and Tighty whities seems something Ken would doo.

Welcome to the group.  Clean looking truck and looking forward to some photos of the FJ

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 08:10:15 PM »
Welcome Mr Foundation!

First things first. Disregard any and all comments coming from anyone here named Dave. Don't be fooled by their wit and false sense of compassion. The boss keeps them around only because of his twisted sense of humor.

That being said, nice projects, hope to see more.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 08:25:45 PM »
Welcome aboard

Old trucks, family, kids, rifles and an FJ

What's not to like

I had a 75 FJ40 for many years
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2020, 09:23:31 PM »
Welcome to the crew. Since Ken already warned you about me, I can pretty much say anything I want. ;)

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2020, 10:10:29 PM »
boom stick is strictly prohibited..

unless it’s followed up with specs and MOA accountability  :grin:

carry on

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2020, 11:54:56 PM »
Incase JR is out of service all things need to be documented with photos as proof or Ken will claim its false

Offline Foundation

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2020, 07:46:19 AM »
Thanks all!

I just want to clarify.  Is that guy working on the truck one of yours is it one of ours Ken?   Muck boots and Tighty whities seems something Ken would doo.

Welcome to the group.  Clean looking truck and looking forward to some photos of the FJ

Ha one of my boys, photo was from a few years back but I have another one that size now to utilize when the hand space requirement is too tight on Ole Blue!

Welcome Mr Foundation!

First things first. Disregard any and all comments coming from anyone here named Dave. Don't be fooled by their wit and false sense of compassion. The boss keeps them around only because of his twisted sense of humor.

That being said, nice projects, hope to see more.

Duly noted!

boom stick is strictly prohibited..

unless it’s followed up with specs and MOA accountability  :grin:

carry on

Fair enough! Reasonable demands for sure - major specs are Foundation Revelation stock, Impact Precision titanium 737T action, Bartlein barrel (can't remember length or contour), chambered in 6.5 PRC, Nightforce NX8. It was a rifle put together for a photo shoot so I did not shoot that one. However if she didn't shoot bugholes something would be off!

Welcome aboard

Old trucks, family, kids, rifles and an FJ

What's not to like

I had a 75 FJ40 for many years

Thanks Flyin6. Your mechanical write up on your 6BT was/is extremely helpful to me.

For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 1 Cor. 3:11

Online Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2020, 08:15:20 AM »
Welcome.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2020, 08:20:12 AM »
I take it you are the owner or somehow affiliated to Foundation Stocks?  I was thinking there might be a connection with between your handle and the rifle pic, But just putting a rifle together with those specs kind of sealed it.  Travis Stevens tried talking me into a Foundation when I ordered my barreled action a little over 2 years ago now.  I think they were just starting to become available at that time.  Unfortunately it was not in my budget at the time.  A couple of the guys I shoot some of the local matches with have them though and it is definitely on the list of things I want to upgrade to.

Offline Foundation

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2020, 08:40:36 AM »
I take it you are the owner or somehow affiliated to Foundation Stocks?  I was thinking there might be a connection with between your handle and the rifle pic, But just putting a rifle together with those specs kind of sealed it.  Travis Stevens tried talking me into a Foundation when I ordered my barreled action a little over 2 years ago now.  I think they were just starting to become available at that time.  Unfortunately it was not in my budget at the time.  A couple of the guys I shoot some of the local matches with have them though and it is definitely on the list of things I want to upgrade to.

Hi Bear9350,

Yes sir, we own Foundation Stocks. Travis Stevens is a great guy, have worked with TS Customs for a few years now. In fact he is building me a precision muzzleloader at the moment which I am pretty stoked about for next year. Small world, good to meet you Bear!

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2020, 09:13:20 AM »
Welcome aboard. Great group of guys here.  :beercheers:
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2020, 11:38:33 AM »
Neat projects and great company you have there. You will get along fine here for sure.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2020, 01:31:30 PM »
Welcome! Impressive specs on the gun.
By the first pics and posts you’ll be a fine fit.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2020, 09:01:23 PM »
Welcome from another Okie (well not born) Great looking rifle Dodge and FJ

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2020, 10:22:39 AM »