Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2008 Jeep Jk 4 Door  (Read 115071 times)

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Jeep Jk 4 Door
« Reply #650 on: June 20, 2018, 12:06:19 PM »
Yep, you’d think they’d have more respect for a fellow members thread.... :huh:

Primer......

Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 20, 2018, 04:44:44 PM »
I'm hurt, that Nate's hurt, about being called me. :(
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 20, 2018, 04:48:54 PM »
Well, I’m thinkin you all a bunch of weenies......

Ok, primered whole thing then two top coats on the bottom side of semi gloss black. Will let it sit overnight & flip in morning then shoot two more coats top side.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 04:57:01 PM by stlaser »

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 20, 2018, 04:52:21 PM »
Whole bunch of hurtin going on in this thread. Shawn you should have known better, this could go on forever.

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 20, 2018, 04:58:41 PM »
Whole bunch of hurtin going on in this thread. Shawn you should have known better, this could go on forever.

Bob, I’m doing my best to try & keep them occupied with pics. You know “hey look squirrel!” Or in Ken’s case Hillary or Nate’s case Rocky Mountain Oysters well maybe not those but definitely biscuits......

Speaking of which btw Nate, planning on hitting up a place called Samples this weekend in Longmont CO.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 05:00:29 PM by stlaser »

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 20, 2018, 05:36:40 PM »
You are doing a good job with the axles, maybe drive mine down for you once you finish yours. Heck I would be happy if the knocking at startup would go away. It is better now with the larger oil filter, and hasn't effected the engine, yet that is....

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 20, 2018, 06:01:11 PM »
Thanks Bob, goal is once I get the f150 back from dealer (hopefully next week) then to pull rear axle on jk. Get this one bolted in along with a new set of bilstein shocks & then get brakes swapped over along with new set of vented rotors on rear & shafts installed. Once that’s done I will pull measurement for rear drive shaft & have Jess over at high angle get one of his premium units built for me. Then it’s break in time for this setup. Once that’s all done hopefully I will be close on front axle.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 20, 2018, 06:23:16 PM »
the menu at that place truly has my mouth watering.....(wheres the drool emoji!)

https://www.sampleslongmont.com/

https://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/diners-drive-ins-and-dives/episodes/poutine-pizza-and-pork#episode-tunein

what happened to the turd?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 06:24:36 PM by nmeyer414 »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 20, 2018, 07:07:56 PM »
bonus Nate is that it's 15 min from my doorstep...…. :beercheers:

so the F150 for the last 5K miles has at times and it is really random starts hard on occasion. Truck for 26K started every time immediately, like you bump it and it fired up quick. So 5k ago it started to crank for at least 3-4 sec then start every time, on occasion it may go 7-10 sec and start. Weird part is you can let off the key and it will continue to stumble then start on those 7-10 sec starts. So we had the fuel system flushed 5K ago with BG products (Ford recommends at 60K to do this and we did it at 53K). No change, so took it back and they replaced both fuel pumps. I drove it to Texas, then Indiana and back to Colorado 3400 miles without issue. Get back to hippy land and maybe at 57K it started up again when it got into the 90's here last week. I called dealer and scheduled an appointment this week which has been in 70's and they say no issue. I told them to keep it until it gets into mid 90's starting next Tuesday and test it again. Truck isn't right, not throwing any codes and it only happens sometimes. I may sell the thing, I bought it right over a year ago so I can probably get out of it for what I paid maybe a little more. We'll see...…….

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 20, 2018, 10:06:57 PM »
Interesting.......
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: June 20, 2018, 10:11:14 PM »
Ford problems. Lol

Sorry to hear,  my mother’s Subaru does that from time to time but I don’t drive it enough to notice and she doesn’t think about it. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 20, 2018, 10:17:51 PM »
It has never not started, just irritating & afraid at some point it will leave me stranded....

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 20, 2018, 10:50:43 PM »
wow.  lots of estrogen in this thread now.....I'm misty eyed......

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 20, 2018, 10:51:39 PM »
I'm hurt, that Nate's hurt, about being called me. :(

:beercheers:

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 21, 2018, 01:09:34 AM »
Nate, pour one for me too.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 21, 2018, 08:23:19 AM »

so the F150 for the last 5K miles has at times and it is really random starts hard on occasion. Truck for 26K started every time immediately, like you bump it and it fired up quick. So 5k ago it started to crank for at least 3-4 sec then start every time, on occasion it may go 7-10 sec and start. Weird part is you can let off the key and it will continue to stumble then start on those 7-10 sec starts. So we had the fuel system flushed 5K ago with BG products (Ford recommends at 60K to do this and we did it at 53K). No change, so took it back and they replaced both fuel pumps. I drove it to Texas, then Indiana and back to Colorado 3400 miles without issue. Get back to hippy land and maybe at 57K it started up again when it got into the 90's here last week. I called dealer and scheduled an appointment this week which has been in 70's and they say no issue. I told them to keep it until it gets into mid 90's starting next Tuesday and test it again. Truck isn't right, not throwing any codes and it only happens sometimes. I may sell the thing, I bought it right over a year ago so I can probably get out of it for what I paid maybe a little more. We'll see...…….

In these new vehicles you don't need keep the key cranked until it fires.  Just bump it and the electronics take over from there.  It will keep turning over until it fires up, or until the system times out should it take to long.

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 21, 2018, 09:37:18 AM »

In these new vehicles you don't need keep the key cranked until it fires.  Just bump it and the electronics take over from there.  It will keep turning over until it fires up, or until the system times out should it take to long.

Bear, I was wondering about that but the service (phone guy behind desk not tech) asked me if the starter was still turning or it was the motor stumbling to start. Honestly, it's hard to tell but I assumed it was the motor stumbling. So that makes more sense really, it never timed out as of yet for the record.

Here again this is the same guy who tried to tell me that a 10:1 compression motor wasn't high compression and 91 octane might be causing the issue...………. :rolleyes:

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 21, 2018, 10:18:56 AM »
check resistance on your upstream O2 sensor. I had weird starts like you're describing, but if I didn't hold the key long enough to get it to fire it would go so far as to refuse to idle until it warmed up. turned out it had an O2 sensor that heated itself to get better cold start readings and would throw off the fuel mapping when it wasn't working properly. got a new O2 sensor and fixed that problem immediately.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 21, 2018, 10:43:10 AM »
Copy, Thanks Tate

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 21, 2018, 11:23:09 AM »
Back on subject...

That axle assembly just looks awesome! I'd be proud to have that beneath my jeep!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

OldKooT

« Reply #670 on: June 21, 2018, 02:06:39 PM »
It's still hail season...  :cheesy:  That's how I console myself regarding ours.

Whats this break in stuff?  Painting the caliper Red? 

Way it's been raining here, I am shopping snorkels.

Offline KensAuto

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 21, 2018, 03:25:48 PM »
Ford dealer told my brother that his v10 couldn't handle 91 octane because it was only rated for 87. Haha

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 21, 2018, 03:26:07 PM »
Just get a taller truck! Worked for me and pushing the wall of water is fun.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 09, 2018, 06:04:10 PM »
Slight update, pulled third member out. Rotated lube locker so break out of gasket around one stud is upper right bolt. Doubt it should leak this way, time will tell. Part of the reason for this is that Currie axle had aluminum washers on each stud, thinking prior owner added them. When I went to torque the nylon nuts to spec on the third I realized these washers were aluminum because a couple actually split in half. So I needed to replace them with steel washers which I did and in process flipped gasket.

Also been fabricating rear tire carrier, will update with pics shortly. Plan is to swap rear axle in two weeks while kids are visiting grandma out of state.....

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 10, 2018, 11:55:42 PM »
Picked up a set of wheels this evening, pics to soon follow along with more details....

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: July 17, 2018, 11:05:57 PM »
Ordered rear 1350 cv driveshaft today for the new 9 rear. Hanging rear in place early next week and will get an exact measurement then to have Jesse @ High Angle Driveline finish it up. Hoping to limit time it will be out of commission which is why I ordered it now to have him get started on it. 

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 17, 2018, 11:37:36 PM »
As promised here is a picture of the wheels. These are known as border patrol wheels. Made by Hutchinson they are a two piece aluminum wheel with a mount pattern of 8 on 6.5 and have a 0 offset on a 16 inch wheel by 8 inch wide so that amounts to a 4 inch back space.

Norm has some of these that were apparently salvaged from the titanic and after offering them up for sale decided they were not something he wanted to sell in the shape his were in currently. He told me a month or so back he knew of a set of 3 that were for sale. At the time I passed as who needs 3 wheels and these are hard to come by.

Then a couple weeks back I found a set of 4 for sale about an hour south of me. After much pestering I finally was able to meet that seller and buy these 4 in the picture. Now the slight issue with the 4 is that two were opened up to fit a Dana 70 rear axle hub on a Ford. Unfortunately they way they opened them up was with a die grinder instead of a lathe. So I purchased the 4 thinking worst case scenario I would have all 4 turned out to the same inside diamter and run them. After I purchased this set of 4 I asked Norm to see if he could get the set of 3 still. He was able to buy them for me as a result and so now I should end up with a set of 5 unmolested wheels. The extra two I can sell pretty easy as many guys bought these as a set of 4 and are looking for a fifth spare unit.

The idea on these is to acquire PVC pipe to insert into the tires and lock both beads. I will have the front unit bearings on the superduty axle machined for the 8 on 6.5 pattern and drill the rotors. That axle is approximately 2.875 inches wider than my rear 9 axle. The currie 9 will accept stock brakes from the Dana 44 jk axle so I will have adapters machined that will bolt to the stock 5 on 5 pattern and then adapt to the 8 on 6.5 pattern. These adapters will be machined from 1.375 inch material and keep the rear just shy of the front width. I call that a win!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 08:52:24 AM by stlaser »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 18, 2018, 07:23:32 AM »
What exactly do you mean with the pvc pipe?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 18, 2018, 08:46:36 AM »

Makes the double bead lock work

It is of the same ID as the OD of the wheel drum minus the flange

It is inserted between inside the tire, between the beads, which is no easy task, then the assembly slides onto the drum part of the wheel. Once you secure the bolt on flange part, the tightening of the bolts squeezes both the inside and outside of both beads against a flange of sorts. That keeps the tire bead locked in place even when no air pressure is present

Shawn, did I do OK?

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 18, 2018, 08:47:49 AM »

These wheels along with H1 Humvee wheels are in fact a 3 or 4 piece wheel from the factory. They are military grade in the fact that the original design was to get a heavy vehicle back to base after an attack in which the tire may be shredded or deflated. They had in them what they call run flats, which were of one of two designs either a rubber insert or a magnesium insert. For off roading purposes the idea of being able to run low air pressure off road to gain better traction on uneven surfaces and improve ride quality is of utmost importance. In addition to being able to run the low pressure locking the bead also is a safety factor on extremely steep terrain. I have witnessed more than one insane rollover / crash where a bead let go and the vehicle then tumbled. The problem with the run flats as the military or border patrol in this instance uses them is that in stock design you can tear a tire as when you lower the air pressure the tire can get pinched between a stock run flat and the object the tire is making contact with such as a boulder etc. I personally used to run the magnesium inserts and cut them down on a large vertical bandsaw. These border patrol wheels only used a rubber insert and they are less than ideal and not able to be modified as the magnesium run flats can be.

Example of PVC in a H1 wheel setup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e82MN43OWs

Example of H1 wheel with cut down magnesium inserts
http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/wheels-tires/131-1210-diy-hummer-h1-wheel-recenter/photo-07.html

I have spoke with andy at trailworthyfab and even though they have built these PVC water pipe inserts for the border patrol wheels he is asking for a wheel to measure. Not sure why exactly, after speaking with Norm we know of another guy who we think makes them and Norm has his cell number and knows him personally. So he was going to reach out to him and get his thoughts on it. Both companies are respectable and were compettion on the H1 parts for years with GLO. In many cases I have sent customers to them for items I did not carry or they just had a product that fit the bill better in some way for the customers application.

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 18, 2018, 08:49:32 AM »

Makes the double bead lock work

It is of the same ID as the OD of the wheel drum minus the flange

It is inserted between inside the tire, between the beads, which is no easy task, then the assembly slides onto the drum part of the wheel. Once you secure the bolt on flange part, the tightening of the bolts squeezes both the inside and outside of both beads against a flange of sorts. That keeps the tire bead locked in place even when no air pressure is present

Shawn, did I do OK?

Yes, exactly I just added some pics and videos to keep the DOTing to a minimum. You know look shiney object!  :facepalm:  :likebutton: :popcorn:

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 18, 2018, 08:53:20 AM »
 :likebutton:

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 18, 2018, 08:58:40 AM »
The PVC is also much lighter than the rubber insert, less rolling mass and better fuel mileage as a result. Weight on your tires robs HP too, there are times when the skinny pedal is needed to get momentum over an obstacle. Well the little turd 3.8L needs all the help it can get in this department... :wink:

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 18, 2018, 09:40:48 AM »
Absolutely nuts. I’m familiar with the run flat technology. I believe it was Michelin that brought it to market.  Bentley and Honda were the only ones to offer it commercially and my wife’s oem wheels where run flats but the system never caught on.  The tires double or more the cost and had one bead larger than the other to fit over the plastic run flat ring.

never in a 1000 years would I have thought a pvc pipe just happened to be the right size to fit those wheels.  Just nuts.

Offline KensAuto

• View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 18, 2018, 09:41:14 AM »
Wouldn't it be easier to just air up the tires?  ;P

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 18, 2018, 09:43:23 AM »
As promised here is a picture of the wheels. These are known as border patrol wheels. Made by Hutchinson they are a two piece aluminum wheel with a mount pattern of 8 on 6.5 and have a 0 offset on a 16 inch wheel by 8 inch wide so that amounts to a 4 inch back space.

Norm has some of these that were apparently salvaged from the titanic and after offering them up for sale decided they were not something he wanted to sell in the shape his were in currently. He told me a month or so back he knew of a set of 3 that were for sale. At the time I passed as who needs 3 wheels and these are hard to come by.

Then a couple weeks back I found a set of 4 for sale about an hour south of me. After much pestering I finally was able to meet that seller and buy these 4 in the picture. Now the slight issue with the 4 is that two were opened up to fit a Dana 70 rear axle hub on a Ford. Unfortunately they way they opened them up was with a die grinder instead of a lathe. So I purchased the 4 thinking worst case scenario I would have all 4 turned out to the same inside diamter and run them. After I purchased this set of 4 I asked Norm to see if he could get the set of 3 still. He was able to buy them for me as a result and so now I should end up with a set of 5 unmolested wheels. The extra two I can sell pretty easy as many guys bought these as a set of 4 and are looking for a fifth spare unit.

The idea on these is to acquire PVC pipe to insert into the tires and lock both beads. I will have the front unit bearings on the superduty axle machined for the 8 on 6.5 pattern and drill the rotors. That axle is approximately 2.875 inches wider than my rear 9 axle. The currie 9 will accept stock brakes from the Dana 44 jk axle so I will have adapters machined that will bolt to the stock 5 on 5 pattern and then adapt to the 8 on 6.5 pattern. These adapters will be machined from 1.375 inch material and keep the rear just shy of the front width. I call that a win!

If you get a chance can you weight one of those rims?

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 18, 2018, 11:10:40 AM »
Phil, as you can see this shows just over 36# and there were several lead wheel weights on this I have yet to remove. So I'd say just shy of 36# plus PVC which maybe 10# or so if I had to guess it will be under 50# per wheel plus tire.

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 18, 2018, 12:36:36 PM »
Wouldn't it be easier to just air up the tires?  ;P

Speaking of DOT’s, I know your familiar with hot air bring in the vicinity of H so often...

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 18, 2018, 09:39:17 PM »
Phil, as you can see this shows just over 36# and there were several lead wheel weights on this I have yet to remove. So I'd say just shy of 36# plus PVC which maybe 10# or so if I had to guess it will be under 50# per wheel plus tire.

Ouch 46lbs, plus tire. 

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: July 18, 2018, 10:42:25 PM »

Ouch 46lbs, plus tire.

Better then those 20 inch military beadlocks running around. By the time you add a steel adapter I bet those wheels are 100# each

H1 8 bolt wheels weighed 33# without pvc & the 12 bolts weighed 38# so relatively the same. At the end of the day 38-39 inch tires aren’t exactly light either.  :tongue:

Edit: Phil, so you got me wondering. I researched & found where a stock H2 wheel weighed in at 31 pounds. So considering the added benefit of the beadlock I don’t think 15-20 pounds heavier is too bad really.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 11:45:22 PM by stlaser »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: July 19, 2018, 01:30:47 PM »
Absolutely nuts. I’m familiar with the run flat technology. I believe it was Michelin that brought it to market.  Bentley and Honda were the only ones to offer it commercially and my wife’s oem wheels where run flats but the system never caught on.  The tires double or more the cost and had one bead larger than the other to fit over the plastic run flat ring.

never in a 1000 years would I have thought a pvc pipe just happened to be the right size to fit those wheels.  Just nuts.

Tex,
Somewhere back in the thousands of posts about SquareD, I have those inserts pictured when I did the wheels and grooved the tires

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: July 19, 2018, 09:06:13 PM »
They help when rolling it in and out of the garage?  :wink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: July 20, 2018, 12:06:50 PM »
just keep it up... :wink: :knucklehead:

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: July 23, 2018, 07:19:09 PM »
Tomorrow is D day for stock rear axle. I need to pull it and get 9 hung for driveshaft measurement. So in prep for that I for the first time today pulled the currie 35 spline axles out of the box. I am fairly impressed as these seem quite beefy. To recap here is the unit description from Currie Enterprises site.

The F9 fabricated 9" rearend assembly for the 2007 and up Jeep JK includes the complete housing with the Hi-Form 50 steel housing center, 3" x .250" wall d.o.m. steel tubes, and custom housing ends that accept set 80 axle bearings (over 50% greater capacity than stock) and allow for all factory disc brake hardware and ABS and ESP sensors to bolt back on. All new heavy duty Currie Jeep JK suspension brackets are mounted and feature multiple control arm mounting holes, multiple trac bar mounting holes, and adjustable shock mounting holes. Also included are the Currie performance forged alloy 35 spline axle shafts that are dual drilled with the stock JK 5 on 5" wheel bolt pattern as well as the 5 on 5 1/2" wheel bolt pattern. Unit s 66" wide overall. Axles feature wheel studs, ABS tone rings, and axle bearings pressed on, as well as the bearing retainer plates. The only parts needed to complete this unit is a 9" high or low pinion 3rd. member, and assembly of the unit! Your JK's stock rotors, calipers, and caliper mounting brackets transfer over! This unit is 66" wide.

Doesn't give me much detail on the axle shafts themselves, I'm sure Tate has an opinion or more information he could add. I did measure them and the main portion of the shaft is 1.75 diameter. It then necks down to 1.45 and back up to the splines at 1.50

https://www.currieenterprises.com/f9-9-inch-jeep-jk-rear-axle-builder axle page

https://www.currieenterprises.com/CE-1014PJK shafts separate

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 23, 2018, 08:21:33 PM »
Looks like don welding foot gear......
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 08:22:17 PM by nmeyer414 »

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 23, 2018, 08:26:28 PM »
Lol, yeah I was rearranging the shop making room in preparation for the disaster it will become tomorrow.

Between someone’s xj build parts in my way constantly & spare f150 parts it was a mess.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 08:27:44 PM by stlaser »

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 24, 2018, 02:04:46 PM »
That is a pricey unit for sure.

Hope that foot is on a body and not a living person.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 24, 2018, 02:49:16 PM »
OK, so threw the kids on a plane at 530 this am. Came home and started the tear down. My goal for today is to get the currie slung under it and pull driveshaft measurement. I won't bore you with pulling the rear tires, driveshaft or brakes. Brakes will be reused on new axle although I have a set of vented rotors and new pads for it. So basically unhook everything and tie it up out of the way.

Pic of the OME lift shocks, I picked up a set of Bilstein 5100's that will be going back on. I think the one rear OME shock has been leaking since day 1.

Stock shafts, the one bearing retainer stud spun on me so it got cut with a 4" cutoff wheel back axle pic. Flipped the rotor around and used it as a make shift slide hammer to pull the shafts as you can see rotor is still attached to front shaft.

& then with a snap of my fingers it vanishes just like H's hopes on election day! :popcorn:

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 24, 2018, 02:52:46 PM »
Sorry about rubbing it in Ken..... :beercheers:

Here is the 88K used stocker, going on CL and make it permanently disappear.

OK, so now we slide the new assembly back in to position.

then a shot of the stock axles next to the beefy new units to finish the day

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 24, 2018, 05:31:11 PM »
 :likebutton:

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal