Hello Guest

Author Topic: Just when I thought I had won  (Read 873 times)

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Just when I thought I had won
« on: May 22, 2018, 09:53:33 PM »
It was for sure my lucky day. Phone rang, I answered it and the guy introduced himself as an attorney and that I had won the sweepstakes. Man, I was so happy, then he said it was a drawing from my credit card and a purchase from Walmart on Dec. 22 2018. Won 175,000 and a new BMW. Problem I had was I wasn't close to my local Walmart on the date he said, I was on a ship coming into Florida. All was good right up to the point I needed to wire 350.00 to New York for registration fees. Well 4 calls later I told him it was being tapped and the Attorney General was getting set up. No more calls, so I guess I didn't win after all.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: Just when I thought I had won
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 09:56:20 PM »
Darn it, all I keep winning is calls from the IRS telling me I’m being foreclosed on. It’s pretty bad when I’m having to give knuckleheads from the IRS the proper terminology because their vocabulary lacks a bit...... :popcorn:
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 10:34:36 PM »
You would think the voice enhancers would sound just a bit more human. 

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 10:37:11 PM »
Yup and now I’m getting solicitations in mandarin. (My new hire is fluent in mandarin and let him listen to the voice mails )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 01:27:07 PM »

It was for sure my lucky day. Phone rang, I answered it and the guy introduced himself as an attorney and that I had won the sweepstakes. Man, I was so happy, then he said it was a drawing from my credit card and a purchase from Walmart on Dec. 22 2018. Won 175,000 and a new BMW. Problem I had was I wasn't close to my local Walmart on the date he said, I was on a ship coming into Florida. All was good right up to the point I needed to wire 350.00 to New York for registration fees. Well 4 calls later I told him it was being tapped and the Attorney General was getting set up. No more calls, so I guess I didn't win after all.

This morning my wife gets a call that my credit card is being used for 16 accounts on iTunes. I don't even have one account there. So no credit card to use while I wait for the new card to show up. One minute a new car, a bunch of money, 16 itune accounts to use, now I don't even have a card to use to fill my truck with fuel. Sure glad the bank watches the charges on my
 card.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 01:53:58 PM »
[Indian fella, thick accent (dot not feather)] "Good afternoon Mr. Brian Hudson this is officer John Bunnell of the department of the IRS of THE United States of America in Washington DC, in AMERICA. We have officers on their way to your location to arrest you and collect your tax payment if you do not pay right now. (Me) "Wow John, promoted to from Sheriff to officer, that's pretty awesome, good for you!" (Him) "Sir this is a very serious matter, and I need to confirm your address location right now!" (me) I thought you were already on your way!? You know, the government sure doesn't give your agency the good equipment, I bet the NSA has my address, you should go ask them!" (Him) No sir, this is the IRS from the United States Government in WA DC!" (Me) "Yeah John, I gotcha. Hey I have to go but it was nice chatting with a celebrity, keep sending us those extreme police chase videos!"

He was calling 3 times a day at one point but has not called back since... I kinda miss ol' Johnny now...  :facepalm:
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal