PERSONAL READINESS > Bug-Out Bag and Camping gear

Dispersed camping with vehicle must have equipment

<< < (2/12) > >>

stlaser:
We have a small folding table for cooking & a tarp for under the tent. The journals are a cool idea, glad you brought that up along with the mini binos. Keep it coming, good stuff here & yeah a steak under another campers car....... :likebutton:

Sammconn:
I generally only rough it now at home.
I have a large tote, containing pots pans wash pail.
Folding Coleman stove. All cooking utensils.

Sounds like you already have something similar to that.
I also tarp under, then add moving blankets on top for a bit of cushion.
I'm generally out in the winter, so it's insulation as well.

Have some form of day pack for all, water, sunscreen, but dope etc, and general survival type stuff.
All of my packs have a small hatchet, wind/water proof matches, various fire starter stuff (you likely can't do that in the park) rain poncho rain gear. A small disposable poly tarp, extra socks, snare wire, rope, flagging tape, an MRE or two...you get the picture. The larger ones have a ranger blanket or small sleeping bag. The main BOB has a jet boil and fuel. I'm packed to get lost or spend a night on the land basically.

Weight and space will become priority over comfort and volume in he end.
If you can't hump it, it does you no good.

I'll add more if anything comes up that triggers more thoughts.
The others have made some very good suggestions as well...especially the steak. :likebutton:

stlaser:
I keep my vertex bag in my truck under the back seat, it in of itself is a very small bob (one night maybe two & survive in the woods). I'm not hiking in & out for any of this. I personally would like to do trips like that but the wife is not going to want to participate in that. My girls on the other hand would like the challenge & I think in the coming few years those opportunities will present themselves. Mental note, start acquiring gear for that now..... :wink:

JR:
Depending on how far and away all those are good.

Lady's don't like using the tree, get a bucket toilet with a bag. I also carry lots of wipes, the big ones.

(this has been on my screen since yesterday)  :facepalm:

Sammconn:

--- Quote from: JR on May 13, 2017, 12:57:20 PM ---

Lady's don't like using the tree, get a bucket toilet with a bag. I also carry lots of wipes, the big ones.

(this has been on my screen since yesterday)  :facepalm:

--- End quote ---

Heck, I'd prefer the bucket over the tree for some business. For the ladies it's a very good must have.
Baby wipes are definitely a must. Portable shower worst case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version