Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1328267 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #5650 on: January 26, 2018, 09:47:23 PM »
Watched my youngest win a platinum award in a dance competition

#proudapa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5651 on: January 26, 2018, 09:54:20 PM »
Pretty awesome there Charles!  Tell her congratulations from all us knuckleheads up North  :likebutton:
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5652 on: January 26, 2018, 10:26:06 PM »
Congrats Charles' daughter, and Mr. Charles!

(I was going to say something smart, like the milkman must be proud, because there aint no way she got that talent from you! ...but I wouldn't say something that mean)
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5653 on: January 27, 2018, 02:54:39 AM »
Congrads Charles, gets her looks from mom?

On the other posts. I need a drink,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 02:55:48 AM by JR »
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5654 on: January 27, 2018, 05:34:21 AM »
Yes it is clear that she gets her looks from Mom.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5655 on: January 27, 2018, 04:53:48 PM »
Very Nice!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: January 27, 2018, 06:04:29 PM »
Purchased a subscription to consumer reports for a year, looked at all the not so fun things that I need to buy for the new house.
Laundry machines
Refrigerator
Cook top range
Wall oven
Vent hood
Dishwasher
Couches
Light fixtures
And heaven forbid the boss wants a new mattress also

So spent the morning asking millions of questions to the poor unsuspecting sales guy.

If anyone has a product they might need a review on I’ll gladly look it up for ya

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: January 27, 2018, 07:11:00 PM »
Found out some trespassers burned a large section of our hunting lease last night. Volunteer firefighters worked until 0200 this morning and stopped it just before it got to some of my game cameras and tree stands. I owe those guys a steak.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: January 27, 2018, 07:58:37 PM »
Stinks now, but will probably improve habit for next season!

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: January 27, 2018, 08:01:01 PM »
Oh definitely. I’m all for burning off undergrowth, just wish we could control when it gets burned.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: January 27, 2018, 08:02:46 PM »
Any Season still open?

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: January 27, 2018, 08:03:50 PM »
Firearm deer is open until February 10.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: January 27, 2018, 09:57:49 PM »
Now the fire comments on the other thread makes sense.  :facepalm:

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: January 28, 2018, 12:53:15 AM »
Worked on daughters xj before and after her basketball practice.

Tried out those new el cheapo Amazon crimping tool for battery cable ends. They work great & need to write a short review.

Then watched the local police chase some drunk kids down in open space behind my house at around 10 pm this evening. Two teenage brothers three houses down had a party with under age drinking that was busted. Parents now picking up their knucklehead kids from said party.  :popcorn:
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: January 28, 2018, 08:14:09 AM »
taser training op!!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: January 28, 2018, 09:38:13 AM »
So, yesterday, the 7th grade daughter (5' tall) had a basketball tournament and they finally won their first game and acted with class like they'd actually won before - proud moment with regard to all the girls and coaches!  They've always played hard, and improve every game and only have 7 girls total on the team; combined 7 & 8 grade girls.  They're in better shape than most teams due to this fact, but often find themselves out platooned by teams with twice the numbers and somehow ALWAYS have players pushing 6 feet tall.  (These are Lutheran School teams, so players and coaches working with a Christian foundation)

They played the host school for the consolation bracket Championship and lost, but played well against a squad of 8 with 4 girls all pushing 6 foot and all really solid shooters - our girls have had more shots hit the back of the rim and bounce out then I could have imagined possible!  Anyway, coach of said team is over the top; pretty much a jerk to his players being verbally negative while they're on the court WITH A 20 POINT LEAD!  Our girls have played them 3 times and given them fits each time, with the other team winning each game including this one.  Finally, during one time out the crowd could clearly hear him across the gym with me in the top row of the bleachers tell one of them, "next time, I want you to take that ball and stick it right in her gut" raising my ire enough to finally yell back "COACH, get some class" at the precise time where the place was perfectly silent.  Said clown glared my direction, shifted his glance left and right and shut his mouth and sat down and managed to conduct himself in a more respectable manner the rest of the game.

Previously in the week, these teams played at our school for their second conference game with my daughter going up for the ball against one of the taller players with both clean but coming down hard - Madison walked away and their player left the game and was still sidelined for the tournament.  Well, towards the end of the tournament play, one of their girls was continually sticking her knee out when someone slipped a screen.  This player was bringing the ball in-bounds against Madison with Madison blocking the pass out of bounds three times in a row, causing great frustration for said player and her coach.  On the 4th attempt, their girl increased her force with Madison again right on top of her at the edge of the court, blocking it perfectly to the point where it bounced back and broke the girls arm!  :facepalm:

Found out that her coach calls Maddie - "Bulldog"  :wink:

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: January 28, 2018, 09:47:38 AM »
So, yesterday, the 7th grade daughter (5' tall) had a basketball tournament and they finally won their first game and acted with class like they'd actually won before - proud moment with regard to all the girls and coaches!  They've always played hard, and improve every game and only have 7 girls total on the team; combined 7 & 8 grade girls.  They're in better shape than most teams due to this fact, but often find themselves out platooned by teams with twice the numbers and somehow ALWAYS have players pushing 6 feet tall.  (These are Lutheran School teams, so players and coaches working with a Christian foundation)

They played the host school for the consolation bracket Championship and lost, but played well against a squad of 8 with 4 girls all pushing 6 foot and all really solid shooters - our girls have had more shots hit the back of the rim and bounce out then I could have imagined possible!  Anyway, coach of said team is over the top; pretty much a jerk to his players being verbally negative while they're on the court WITH A 20 POINT LEAD!  Our girls have played them 3 times and given them fits each time, with the other team winning each game including this one.  Finally, during one time out the crowd could clearly hear him across the gym with me in the top row of the bleachers tell one of them, "next time, I want you to take that ball and stick it right in her gut" raising my ire enough to finally yell back "COACH, get some class" at the precise time where the place was perfectly silent.  Said clown glared my direction, shifted his glance left and right and shut his mouth and sat down and managed to conduct himself in a more respectable manner the rest of the game.

Previously in the week, these teams played at our school for their second conference game with my daughter going up for the ball against one of the taller players with both clean but coming down hard - Madison walked away and their player left the game and was still sidelined for the tournament.  Well, towards the end of the tournament play, one of their girls was continually sticking her knee out when someone slipped a screen.  This player was bringing the ball in-bounds against Madison with Madison blocking the pass out of bounds three times in a row, causing great frustration for said player and her coach.  On the 4th attempt, their girl increased her force with Madison again right on top of her at the edge of the court, blocking it perfectly to the point where it bounced back and broke the girls arm!  :facepalm:

Found out that her coach calls Maddie - "Bulldog"  :wink:

:likebutton:

Two of my three girls still play ball. My youngest is a 7th grader too & is 5 foot 5 a shooter and post as she is pretty tall for her squad. The oldest is a sophomore & played JV this year, she is pretty versatile playing anywhere and up against girls much taller than her. She has a 23 inch vertical and second only to their center is leading the team in rebounds although most everyone is taller than her. My proud moment was when the varsity coach told me last week she has as much if not more heart when she plays than any other player in the program. Heart goes a long way just saying.....

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5667 on: January 28, 2018, 10:29:05 AM »
 :likebutton:

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: January 28, 2018, 11:12:23 PM »
taser training op!!

Apparently these two knucklehead brothers thought I cared enough to call the police on them.  :rolleyes:

Not my style really, police are slow to respond from my experience. I don’t like waiting.......

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5669 on: January 29, 2018, 08:47:37 PM »
Went to work, eliminated the pile of paperwork on my desk, had 2 cups of coffee, knocked out a 95% (ish) of trailer inspection and inventory. Took Bear to his vet appt, then swapped out the torn elastomer watch band on my Suunto with an old 22mm Zulu watchstrap I used on my last Suunto then officially retired the GShock to back up duty.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5670 on: January 29, 2018, 09:07:40 PM »
Spent a few hours trying to reroute the washes on my brother's property. He had an engineer draw up plans that the county approved. Basically taking 4 small washes and combining them in to one large one, and forcing the water back uphill. Learned that I'm not as good on the tractor as I thought... never used plans before, on anything.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: January 29, 2018, 11:41:49 PM »
Pulled the damaged drive from my desktop raid array and replaced it with a new 1TB hard drive and restored the array to redundancy.

Now that i'm done playing IT professional, I ready to DOT up some threads....

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5672 on: January 30, 2018, 11:21:59 PM »
Ken, how good of an operator do you have to be to run water back uphill? Maybe a pond is going to happen, make sure all the important upgrades to the area are protected by some rip rap or ditch (wash) around that area.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5673 on: January 30, 2018, 11:53:50 PM »
Bob, you might have to drive down there and supervise that democrat.....he may be employing some of those illegals he seeing on his employment prospects cam...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: January 31, 2018, 06:44:58 AM »
Well, today (yesterday)the Hide Site/Retirement Site just took a giant leap towards no longer being a Hide.  I may have to change the title on my build thread....to something like Money Pit/Retirement Site.....or Spa Site/Retirement Site.....or I Can't Retire Site.....

Wife signed the contract with the pool builder and they break ground next week.  Will have to put a camera on it to see how many critters come out of the woods to swim in it....
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 06:45:56 AM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5675 on: January 31, 2018, 07:02:42 AM »
Charles, you need to stream that live to your thread.....Big Foot could turn out to be someone on this site!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: January 31, 2018, 10:01:47 AM »
Favorite quote from the state of union address

“Americans are Dreamers to!”

We continue to hear about the ills goes immigrants and how they need to be treated with this that or the other manner. What about the youth of our nation that are here with good legal standing, do they not get the right to be given a hand ? Do we not owe it to them first to be given extra support?

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5677 on: January 31, 2018, 09:11:03 PM »
Been absent from the site for a few days

Long story

But it includes an orthopedic surgeon and an operation pdq and a new shiny metal body replacement part.

I think this getting older stuff is for the birds!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5678 on: January 31, 2018, 09:15:52 PM »
Another snickers bar in the microwave?

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5679 on: January 31, 2018, 09:21:24 PM »
Been absent from the site for a few days

Long story

But it includes an orthopedic surgeon and an operation pdq and a new shiny metal body replacement part.

I think this getting older stuff is for the birds!

The knee? My right one has been killing me lately, but just when I sleep, figure?

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: January 31, 2018, 09:34:27 PM »
Hopefully hh6 got it on tape!

Just kidding. Hope everything is ok, but if you would like to share the story, we're waiting patiently.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5681 on: January 31, 2018, 11:16:18 PM »
This evenings key phrase “bump steer”....... :tongue:

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5682 on: January 31, 2018, 11:32:04 PM »
Shawn, 2 wheels or 4 wheels?  Or tracks? Lol

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5683 on: January 31, 2018, 11:46:48 PM »
Shawn, 2 wheels or 4 wheels?  Or tracks? Lol

4 wheels, Baylee with a lifted xj now understands what it means..... :tongue:

I need to take a closer look at the front end steering & track bar next time we get it in the garage. It’s not horrible but could be a tad better most likely for a little money in parts.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: February 01, 2018, 09:53:58 AM »
Hope it's not a new shiny metal part associated with your spine......

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5685 on: February 01, 2018, 12:01:46 PM »
Another snickers bar in the microwave?

Funny...
The great candy bar fire!
Like that

But there is a story, not yet finished but could be amazing

Knee getting progressively worse over months

Blew up this past weekend. Severe, strike that, extreme pain, the kind that makes you nauseous!

So I's goes to the doctor. X-ray tells all. Knee is completely gone, not even good enough to donate to a dog food company

The visit goes like this:

Hi, Mr. Harward, I'm doctor, Poppen, so what's bothering you. She is turning to the computer which has my X-ray displayed

Dr. Poppin, "Never mind, I can see it"

I sez, "Doc, we goin' to get serious and just fast forward through all the screwin around with this thing"

Doc, "Yep, I think so. Let's just replace that thing and be done with it"

Me: "OK let's do it."

Her (Doc): "OK, pre op consultation next monday, say 2:15"

Me: "Copy that"

Her: "So you're a soldier"

Me: "yep"

Doc: "I like soldiers, you're going to Dr. ____ He's our best, good luck to ya"

That was yesterday

But I am involved in a major side show that is really poppin at the moment. Some very powerful people are setting up a meeting for me to brief a panel of high level people...IN TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Last night my family called down the power of Jesus on me. They anointed me with oil, and claimed healing in the name of Jesus. Like no joke, there will be no operation kind of faith. Then Kat commanded (Noticed the use of the military term here) that I walk in that, and get ready for the briefing.

Gentlemen, this morning I woke up nearly pain free. The swelling has gone way down and I could move about on one crutch.

I have only two words:

Praise Jesus!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 12:04:59 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #5686 on: February 01, 2018, 01:12:27 PM »
Awesome!!
Let’s see some photos of this scare. 

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 01:18:17 PM by Bigdave_185 »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: February 01, 2018, 06:28:09 PM »
PM now and although no big improvement throughout the day, It doesn't hurt much and the swelling is way down.

God is at work!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: February 01, 2018, 07:36:53 PM »
Sure appreciate you lettin' us help you with prayer, your fellow brothers an' all.   (sarcastic if you couldn't tell!)

now that that's out of the way....Great news, good luck on the meeting!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: February 01, 2018, 08:04:08 PM »
Glad it is better, but sounds like it is telling you not to wait much longer.

You have brought it up before, but soldiered through.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: February 02, 2018, 06:56:37 AM »
Been working on this old Freightliner. 90 fld. 60 series detroit engine with a messed up 13 speed.  Paid 6 for grand for it. I wanted it to pull the side dump trailer. I had a couple close calls last manure hauling season. I almost flipped over twice.  Scared the crap out  of me. We have 100k wrapped up inthe the Pete so I dont want to tear it up.

The muffler was rusted out so it got a brand new straight pipe with a old school rain cap. Mufflers are seriously over rated anyhow.

Put on all new fuel lines. I seriously dont know why they were not leaking.

The head lighs on one side are dim and the brights dont work. New turn signal switch straightened out most of the problems with the lights. They are still dim sometimes. Found a ball of wires black taped together under the hood. I would guess that where that problem lies. I dont do wires. I'm partially color blind. I just dont mess with them.

I got my kid and my nephew to install a new stereo. The old one only worked when it wanted. They found a huge mouse nest in the dash. Mouse pee corroded all the connections in the factory radio plugs. So its just hard wired in.

The fairings were all busted up and the brackets rusted out so we took them off and just bolted a couple steps on the fuel tank.

And I threw 4 new knobby tires on it. All the rest of the tires were new. And it has all new brakes on the rear.

She goes in next week for DOT inspection and a few odds and ends we cant handle. Fix the AC, pull oil pan and do main bearings. Wet kit install. Its going to need a transmission sooner or later but I want to make some money with it first. Shouldn't take long for it to pay for its self.
She still smells a little mousey and musty but it will be good old truck.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: February 02, 2018, 08:09:04 AM »
That’s a laundry list Jon

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: February 02, 2018, 01:32:40 PM »
Straight pipes are good, V12s are more fun, but a loud combo.

Got some work there!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: February 02, 2018, 04:15:39 PM »
Fried bacon bits.............

Just because fried bacon bits are just as good as bacon slices!  :beercheers:
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: February 02, 2018, 05:00:36 PM »
Mmmm.....did some one say bacon!

:beercheers:
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: February 02, 2018, 05:02:06 PM »
Where that damned pig that supposedly converted.......he has a date with my cooking equipment!.....lol

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: February 02, 2018, 07:09:25 PM »
Slowly improving...Believing in a healing

But

Have that surgical pre-op on Monday.

Gut is pullin' in two directions. Brain is saying stand yer gound and walk in faith

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: February 02, 2018, 07:51:52 PM »
Slowly improving...Believing in a healing

But

Have that surgical pre-op on Monday.

Gut is pullin' in two directions. Brain is saying stand yer gound and walk in faith

God gave us the medical advancements to insert new stuff when old stuff wore out, knees aren’t that bad I hear to replace. So stand in your faith and give your briefing, but schedule the darn surgery.....

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #5698 on: February 02, 2018, 08:39:09 PM »
Took the day off.  Went to Lowe’s to return the electrical service panel for the casita and got a different one. Cleaned up and moved stuff around.  Cut down a couple of cedars and marked the corners of the outdoor kitchen slab getting ready for the pool company to start digging Wednesday.

Burned a few pallets and cedar limbs. Big fire!

Now chillin and having a nip
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 08:40:32 PM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: February 02, 2018, 09:59:15 PM »
Spent the day at the Grand Canyon, what a sight that big hole is. Still some snow around, after all it is 7,000ft. Saw 3 bunches of elk laying around under the pine and juniper. No photos, wife had her camera and we don't have a card reader to transfer them to the computer.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal