Hello Guest

Author Topic: Wow....a President who does what he says...  (Read 2273 times)

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Wow....a President who does what he says...
« on: April 06, 2017, 09:54:16 PM »
And doesn't waste a lot of time drawing lines in the sand. I bet there's a bunch of sleepless nights in North Korea tonight.

Trump launches 50+ missiles into Syria

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-launches-missiles-syrian-base-after-chemical-weapons-attack-n743636?cid=eml_nbn_20170406

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Wow....a President who does what he says...
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 10:03:31 PM »
That was my initial thought on hearing about this. He didn't just whine about someone crossing a figurative line in the sand. He blew the line in the sand up!  Should give the rest of them something to think about.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 10:24:33 PM »
Well, lets see how his meeting with the Chinese presidente goes this week. The whole North Korea & East China Sea may be a cause for concern....
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 11:16:36 PM »
I think this could go very wrong very fast.  Let's see how Russia deals with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 11:22:48 PM »
He campaigned for months saying we should stay the hell out of Syria.........

« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 11:23:23 PM by Dawg25385 »
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 11:45:58 PM »
I gotta agree with Kyle.

He needs to stick with his promises, not turn into just another neocon puppet. There's also way too much conflicting info on the sarin gas story.
I betcha McCain and the rest of the Hawks are throwing a huge party tonight.

Sent from a spaceship
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 12:06:11 AM by KensAuto »
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 12:18:26 AM »
I'm with Dawg & Ken, can't think of one reason this is good for the average American.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 12:20:27 AM »
I don't know what to make of all this, but the liberal media who had been blistering him for things like well done steak are all praise tonight and trumps base is livid (Cernovich, Watson, etc)

I just thought the subject of this thread was interesting.

I do think there is some validity to flexing muscles to NK and Iran, but you can't just blast an airfield off the map and then go back to being non-interventionist

But, this should hopefully put a sock in the hysteria over trump being Putin's puppet, Russia's pissed...

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 10:18:15 AM »
I'm with Dawg & Ken, can't think of one reason this is good for the average American.
You're not thinking about this!

1. US Navy inventory is down 60 odd tomahawks. The tomahawk factory just got an order...Jobs! ;-)
2. Fewer aircraft and aircraft parts in Syria
3. Which means the ruskys are secretly thanking us, because they now get to sell all the replacements to Syria
4. Which under the table improves US/Rusky relations!
5. Fewer pilots flying Syrian jets for our Navee guys to practice on in prep for the real fight with Chinese and Russian pilots.
6. Those Navy guys/gals now have something to do and be proud of. I mean what if you were a killer, but never got to kill anything?
7. Assad has been spanked
8. Sissy Obama has left the building...In 60 times a big way!
9. Hippies all over now have more to protest and whine about
10. Berkley professors now have more hate material to use to brainwash the youthful idiots with.
11. We got a good function check on a bunch of missile launchers.
12. We raised the anxiety and blood pressure with that fat kid in North Korea.
13. We just handed the Chinaman a whole book on "Whoa, we underestimated this rich man with the bad hair."
14. You boneheads conspiracy theorists just got rejuvenated.
15. Church attendance may increase as we now once again start to stare down the gun barrel.
16. A bunch of high school graduates now have a place to go and enlist.
17.A bunch of T-Shirt companies can get busy pumping out big boisterous flag festooned shirts with a big numba 60 on the front!
18. Same goes for the companies making "Infidel" patches
19. It makes for interesting news. You can watch Fox, then CNN and get two different readings of the same event
20. And finally, I sleep better just knowing those Tomahawks found a nice Haji filled place to go to bed!

You see, Shawn, Ken, Kyle, and others...You just weren't thinkin'!

« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 10:19:12 AM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2017, 12:32:06 PM »
I get that he campaigned on not getting into Syria but I don't see this missile attack as a break of that promise. Things changed with the chemical attack (and the fact that he is now the CIC, not Obama who couldn't take action). I do get that there is a risk, but I don't see this as the start of a significant invasion.

I think the benefits are:

1. We stopped the potential for another chemical attack from that airfield, while simultaneously showing Assad that we can knock down his ability to launch planes without putting a single soldier at risk in Syrian airspace or on the ground. (High risk for him, low risk for us, not a good position for him to be in) Can he launch further attacks from other bases? I think he could. But the response will likely be the same or even stronger (more missiles, more locations etc.) and at this point other than Russia and Iran he has no real allies, and ultimately they (especially Russia) have no leg to stand on that this was without merit given the chemical attack. The Mullahs in Iran will scream and yell no matter what.

2. We sent a strong message to the a-holes in the world that this POTUS acts quickly and decisively with intelligence, and unlike the last one, does not quibble or talk endlessly. That message needed to be sent to all parties- Russia, Syria, Iran, China, North Korea etc. I actually love that he did this while Xi was with him at Mar-A-Lago. Take a break from their discussions, have a press conference, come back and say "oh btw we just launched 60 cruise missiles into Syria....where were we?" Sends a message that he is not to be trifled with but also won't be too busy with other stuff to do what needs to be done. Hell Syria signed the agreement not to use chemical weapons, the UN is a toothless tiger run by despots, it is UP TO THE US to do this. I don't like it but until the world grows up, we have to.

3. It also sent a strong message to the rest of the civilized world and our allies that the US is no longer trying to "lead from behind" (whatever the f that means!). He has the bully pulpit and I suspect he will use it. And now having done this more people (from all sides) will have to listen to him.

Yes I agree I don't want to see us dragged into house to house fighting in Syria, I see no point in that, but I don't think what he did automatically means that is the next step.
Just my $0.02.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2017, 01:29:33 PM »
It sure has Hill Air Force base up in a roar. 
Been flying touch n goes all morning long in the F-22

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2017, 08:14:15 PM »
They didn't even target the runways. Sounds like a waste of 60 million dollars, knowing that we tipped off Russia so as not to start WW3, and they prob told Assad to scramble assets. Prob bombed a bunch of empty hangars. Face palm

NRA Life Member

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2017, 09:32:03 PM »
Reports of 17 aircraft destroyed.  The un is a gutless and nutless American hating organization.  The collective world governments have agreed that chem ware fare  is a big no no. No one else enforces the morality of warfare against women and children.  He's sending a message.  A little message would be a single tommy through the window of an aspirin factory like Clinton did to get the attention off his humidor. 59 is a warning to not only Assad but the rest of the bad players.  Every time Russian hardware in the hands of arabs has gone to war the world has been dumbfounded by the speed and lopsided nature of war in which the US technology dwarfed the rest of the world and embarrassed the Russians.  Don't think for a minute they didn't realize that in the first and second gulf war that their best stuff was obliterated in hours. Putin is a high testosterone thug with ED. He knows better. The last 8 years he played Obama for the foool that he was. The gig is up and he knows it. He won't dare push the envelope.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 09:33:14 PM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2017, 10:32:39 PM »
How about

Iran
China
Russia
NK
& a few countries south of us?

They all benefit from a big war potentially. Too many teamed up against us at once is a problem, technology only goes so far especially when are manufacturing is in the state that it is currently.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2017, 01:57:32 AM »
ill just be quiet............. :popcorn:
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2017, 08:51:14 AM »
ill just be quiet............. :popcorn:
No, Sergeant Nate, do not be quiet.
Let them know a bit of our capabilities without getting secret squirrel.
Most people don't realize what we can do if we wish to...
Our military, small as it is right now, has no equal in all of history, except, perhaps, another US military at a different time.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2017, 07:13:25 PM »
TLAM's are not used for soft targets (planes, runways or people)! 
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2017, 08:40:03 PM »
Watching footage of sophisticated weapons systems in action is THE one thing that makes paying as much as I do in taxes, tolerable.

Bunker busters, Daisy Cutters, TOW missiles, JDAMs, A-10s and others ......
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal