TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Hand Tools, Power Tools, Welders, etc

Welder pics, Setup and advice with welding.

(1/19) > >>

JR:
Ok guys, lets get a little thread going on what you have for a welder. Mig, gas, tig or stick.

Lets see some pics, why you got that and tips for the novice guys (include me, just enough to be dangerous)

JR:
I have, the standard tanks running HF torches and never had an issue with them.

I have had a couple smaller 120 migs (both Lincoln) and got a Miller 211 a couple years back. It is 120/240 and has auto settings I rarely use. I use it with gas only.

Also have a Thermal Dynamic Plasma cutter 42. Put them both on the same cart (need a bigger one now) and it is 120/240 also.

I also modified the stock cart to handle both the Mig and the plasma; http://real-man-truckworks-and-survival.com/index.php?topic=606.msg6953#msg6953

wyorunner:
I too have the 211 autoset, which I think I have used the auto feature only once or twice. I am barely dangerous when it comes to welding, never was really taught anything about it, just picked up the mig gun at the shop in lejeune and went to town.

One thing with smaller machines it is imperative to know the duty cycle of your machine, especially if you are using it at max capacity.

Farmer Jon:
We have a Miller 252 in the shop. Should have gotten a bigger one. My brother wanted to get a spool gun for welding aluminum. They are not compatible with the 252. Maybe they are now but they weren't at the time we inquired about it.
We also installed a John Deere welderator on the service truck. Stick Welder, generator, and air compressor all in one. I don't know if its something I would use all day every day but it has handled everything I've thrown at it.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Flyin6:
Miller 212 and hypertherm 45 in the shop

Will be adding to the collection for farm duties...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version