TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Hand Tools, Power Tools, Welders, etc

Bridge reamer.

(1/1)

Farmer Jon:
I found the most amazing little reamer. I didn't know these even existed! I was doing research on beds for my truck build and ran across them on accident. Large holes are hard to drill by hand and I can't get the mag drill in everywhere. All I had to do was drill an 1/4 hole then get the 3/4 inch reamer. Within about 30 seconds I had a 3/4 hole.

I bought an assortment. 9/16, 11/19, and 3/4. They are pricey. The biggest one was like 80 bucks. In my opinion they are worth it. Sometimes holes don't line up right so I always tried to ream it out with a drill bit. Always got caught. Snap your wrist. Bust a bit. No more of that.

The bad thing is they will heat up a drill in a hurry. I can't use it in a cordless Milwaukee drill. They must have a safety built in so they don't burn up. I had to put it in the old Dewalt. That baby was HOT after 1 hole.

This is similar to what I got  except with flat spots on the shank, so it won't spin in the drill.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

KensAuto:
Thumbs up. Did you use lube? Definately don't want to spin them fast.

stlaser:
I have those to bore tapered holes in steering knuckles and pitman arms to a straight shank in order to run aftermarket steering.

Farmer Jon:
No I didn't use lube. The bit didn't get that hot. Definitely don't want to use a cordless drill.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version