Hello Guest

Author Topic: Arcdriod Plasma cutter  (Read 1085 times)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Arcdriod Plasma cutter
« on: September 16, 2023, 12:05:03 AM »
Well, I have been eyeing these for about a year now. Seems perfect for smaller jobs. Was almost 1/2 price when you include shipping and tax. Pretty much self contained and you can use it with CAD or CAD (cardboard assisted design) and tweak it some too.

I have a Langmiur Pro, still boxed up and need to leard CAD to use it. I bought a dedicated 60amp plasma for it, but it will work with this too.

Going to setup and mount on my 4x6 steel table with a fold out cut area. Does about 16x24, but can do larger at points.

Not going to post any video links as there are so many, but here is the websight; https://arcdroidcnc.com/

Shawn, I thought about you when I got this.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: Arcdriod Plasma cutter
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2023, 03:51:55 AM »
Interesting, they brought the old school pattern torch into the present day.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2023, 09:00:28 AM »
This has been popping up on my feed.  Will be interested to see how well it works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2023, 09:12:57 AM »
Hmmm, isn't that interesting?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2023, 10:46:01 PM »
Got it calibrated last night, had to see if it worked OK. Didn't use the torch, but did a couple templates and circles, seemed fine. Guy I got it from said he would give me 3 days to check it out, so I'm good with it now.

Idea is to mount it on the corner of my steel table so it pivots in when not in use. I "found" a couple metal grates I will hinge to fold up for a cutting area.

Still reading up on and going to YTU for much of it. Found some cool hole centers and a laser stylus for it which should make tracing much easier.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2023, 09:56:06 PM »
Been looking for files to try out but I also need a 220v plug outside to run my compressor and plasma at the same time.

Seems like cleaning the garage has become a fulltime job. I clean, it gets messy and not me. Its the shaving and grinding stuff that gets me ticked the most. Son doesn't understand all the crud on everything is a pain. He likes to use the vise on the table, I use the one near the garage door. Plus he LOVES the metal chop saw!

Got a spot on the metal table cleaned off to mount it up though. Will pivot out of the way when not in use and I will cover it. I need to figure a cutting table for it. I think something that plugs in may work better. The grates are to small and to heavy.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2023, 06:54:37 PM »
I just got a 2X table for the Arcdroid. Allows you to cut 48in long items, but still just 16 wide.

Also a laser styles and corner/center finder.

Blackfriday on all their stuff, free shipping code is blackfriday until monday.

I got

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2023, 01:01:49 PM »
Finally showed up (china via DHL), got some test cuts coming soon. Garage is a disaster right now.

https://youtu.be/FqXF9z1yxmU

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2023, 01:50:51 PM »
JR, get the boys a tig welder…..  :wink:
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2023, 02:52:39 PM »
I have a multi machine both here and the prop. Haven't tried yet as I can barely move in the garage again.

One at the prop is a HF unit, think DC only. Home one is an ac/dc unit now that I know AC is better.

Got a 55amp Yeswelder (very cheap) for the droid, supposed to work. (none HF start) If not I have an older 42amp thermal dynamics unit. I want a dedicated unit for it.

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal