Hello Guest

Author Topic: Interesting comparison  (Read 2382 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Interesting comparison
« on: August 09, 2016, 12:12:51 PM »
Reagan - Trump
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting comparison
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 06:23:36 PM »
Trumps on a roll sticking his foot in his mouth. Today's takes the cake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 10:52:46 PM »
Trumps on a roll sticking his foot in his mouth. Today's takes the cake

Missed it, what this time?

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 11:26:42 PM »
"Hillary wants to abolish — essentially abolish — the Second Amendment," Trump said. "If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is. I don't know."

https://youtu.be/neCW9RwwH6g

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 08:48:05 AM »
Ah yes

I see that two different ways.

First of all the veiled threat...

Was he making it??? Or (secondly) just acknowledging a growing possibility for civil insurrection.

Taking our guns away, is the tipping point which I have long thought and stated is the one single thing which will push us into armed conflict with authorities. Where that turns into a full blown revolution??? Who is to know...

This is just plain speaking. Trump is a plain spoken man. I understand that from a long military career, where (Real) commanders talk like him, so that they are not misunderstood.

But as a point of order here, witness this as a measure of how far the american public, under the influence of political correctness has come from truth.

Trump is not a gentle shift back toward truth, and away from "sugar coating" ugly things. Nope, he is an an of/off switch. After 8 years of his presidency, we will all be well accustomed to plain speaking once again and used to this way of plain talking. And know who else will be? Well, ISIS, the North Koreans, Russia, China, and Opec to name a few...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 09:52:52 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 01:16:19 PM »
Yeah, I didn't read it as a threat to any individual person but as a warning that the 2nd Amendment people would not stand idly-by.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 02:00:47 PM »
All that is fine and dandy, and naturally I didn't think anybody here would have a big issue with it. But we're not the ones that are going to decide this election, the moderates and independents are. This kind of talk turns them off, or at the very least gives a megaphone to the MSM. I get it, he's a straight talk gunslinger, and many love that about him. But let's not get the buggy in front of the mule. He has to win first, and he can't be alienating voting blocks at every turn if he wants to do that.

It almost doesn't matter what we thought he meant, as the probability of us conservatives voting for him is already high. It's the fence walkers that matter, and what they thought of what he said...

NRA Life Member

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 03:44:25 PM »
^^^savvvy
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 04:57:14 PM »
Ah yes

I see that two different ways.

First of all the veiled threat...

Was he making it??? Or (secondly) just acknowledging a growing possibility for civil insurrection.

Taking our guns away, is the tipping point which I have long thought and stated is the one single thing which will push us into armed conflict with authorities. Where that turns into a full blown revolution??? Who is to know...

This is just plain speaking. Trump is a plain spoken man. I understand that from a long military career, where (Real) commanders talk like him, so that they are not misunderstood.

But as a point of order here, witness this as a measure of how far the american public, under the influence of political correctness has come from truth.

Trump is not a gentle shift back toward truth, and away from "sugar coating" ugly things. Nope, he is an an of/off switch. After 8 years of his presidency, we will all be well accustomed to plain speaking once again and used to this way of plain talking. And know who else will be? Well, ISIS, the North Koreans, Russia, China, and Opec to name a few...

As an Army man for 19 years, I agree wholeheartedly. But...

All that is fine and dandy, and naturally I didn't think anybody here would have a big issue with it. But we're not the ones that are going to decide this election, the moderates and independents are. This kind of talk turns them off, or at the very least gives a megaphone to the MSM. I get it, he's a straight talk gunslinger, and many love that about him. But let's not get the buggy in front of the mule. He has to win first, and he can't be alienating voting blocks at every turn if he wants to do that.

It almost doesn't matter what we thought he meant, as the probability of us conservatives voting for him is already high. It's the fence walkers that matter, and what they thought of what he said...

This man makes one heck of a point!
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Interesting comparison
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 06:57:49 PM »
What is left out is the millions of voters that have been motivated by his plain speak. It remains to be seen but the blue collar democrats are defecting in droves. Remember polls don't account for voter turnout.

Hillary is fanning the flames of racism because the AA (no Don, not Airborne) vote is what won it for BHO and they aren't coming out for Billary. Their voter turnout is record low while trump turnout is record high. Much of this is media grandstanding to demoralize blue collar dems and activate the AA vote.

It will be interesting to say the least. Trump is smarter than I think he gets credit for. He knew Exactly what he was doing when he said what he said. He is a very calculating guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 06:58:29 PM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 07:05:28 PM »
I think he's calculated as well. But attacking Cruz after RNC, Khan attack, and this latest incident I have to believe hurt him more than help him.

NRA Life Member

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2016, 07:23:30 PM »
Kyle agreed. I didn't say his calculations are always correct!  Lord knows mine aren't

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2016, 07:27:56 PM »
Ha, roger that. Same here!

NRA Life Member

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2016, 09:29:25 PM »
I will say this first off- I wish he wouldn't out his foot in his mouth....do I think it was a threat? No...I think it was a reference to how the 2A voters will get out and vote but he could have said it much more articulately.

But having said that each time the media gets worked up in a lather about something Trump says we then see how Hillary has often/usually said something far worse, and the media has been silent on it. In this case it is Hillary's comment from 2008 about why she wouldn't drop out of the primary race in July bc RFK was assassinated in July when he was running. And Trump's comment is bad? What???

And what seems to happen is the truth does come out and people see that this IS media bias pure and simple. And I think that helps Trump. I do worry if others (the independants) are hearing it the same way I am, but the turn out at his rallies continues to be insane so some are definitely hearing what they want.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2016, 11:48:41 AM »
#neverhillary

But if you asked me right this minute, my gut says Trump is going to get crushed in November, as much as I hate the thought of that happening. Just one man's opinion.

We're all like-minded, that's one of the dangers of group-think. But there's indicators to me that make me highly concerned about Trumps chances...

I pray I'm wrong, wholeheartedly.

NRA Life Member

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2016, 12:26:20 AM »

Yep, it is a pretty solid 40% for one side and the other. It is the swing you have to convince. Now on that note many normal Dems are having issues with the way things are going and did not expect the "change" would be as it is..

He motivates more than he pushes away and the media grabs for anything to see what sticks.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal