Hello Guest

Author Topic: New Land  (Read 3953 times)

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • Just call me Bounty.... always absorbing abuse
    • View Profile
Re: New Land
« Reply #300 on: May 11, 2019, 01:26:14 AM »
Forgot to mention my thumb won't hardly work with that new 12" bucket I posted before.  The tines hang past the  teeth about 6". Lol...didn't realize there was that much difference between compact buckets or I would've looked for something more compatible.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 15, 2019, 02:50:22 PM »
Mine is done. Weld on are about $500, but I need to measure the bucket first.

Dang, a once over and an oil change is costing almost $800. Hope they topped off the fluids at least.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 11:38:04 PM by JR »
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 16, 2019, 03:04:54 PM »
County did have free contour maps for both 30ft and 10ft, but the 10ft stops 2 parcels west of my parcel. 30ft (10mt really) is not bad, better than the 100 from USGS.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 19, 2019, 02:10:26 AM »
Saw the land pride today, cheap looking like 3/16 sides.

Walked the property and makes some lines.rear is way up the hill, had problems finding it.

Can't  find pics on phone

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 19, 2019, 04:06:42 PM »
Here is a pic from the n/e corner. I drove up to about 100ft from where I want to build (front of truck. You can see the end of the road too (south)

Here is a sorta 3d pic. Plotting out the road, pad and well area. The yellow dash is where I was parked in the above pic.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: Today at 02:07:01 AM »
Spent over 2k at the tractor store today, but got a HD box blade. 3/8th wall, boxed 3 point pins and sacrificial ripper teeth.

Hydro oil is $103/5gal for the good stuff and $55 for the OK stuff (Kubota=Valvoline), need 15gal. 3 hydro filters, $200.

Service was another $800, that just included fuel filter, oil change and grease. SUpposed to fix the horn too (button missing) but not sure if it works yet :tongue: 

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: Today at 09:09:04 AM »
That is really nice!

So, JR, I wish you only the very best and hope that box works, but behind 45 hp I keep thinking of big anchor on a row boat.

Again, I don't know western soils, so it may be fine and it would work on a finished surface...maybe.

But I have banged up my 72" box blade and will need one someday in the not too distant future. Land Pride is one of my go-to brands, so I may be a player when/if you down size. And if you do, I'd really be thinking 48" to maybe a 60". 45HP in the tractor world isn't all that much for construction work.

and I say all that with the kindest and best intentions!!!
Site owner    IS 6:8  Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author: Distant Thunder

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • Just call me Bounty.... always absorbing abuse
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: Today at 09:52:51 AM »
Get to cuttin' JR !!
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: Today at 11:11:35 AM »
Thx guys, unfortunately it will be a few weeks before I get back up. That's ok as I have plenty to do here.

Thomas Jefferson